RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else here a "valve ping" (or pre ignition)when you leave a stop light. Almost like bad fuel. Happens only when its very hot. worse is I leave quickly. I assume its mostly because the Warrior runs lean. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
5,819 Posts
I have an 05,and mine does the same thing.I have a friend with an 04,and his does it to.It doesn't seem to even matter if you put higher octane in it you still get the ping.I know your suppose to run 87.I have heard some people advancing there timming to 4 degress,but I think mine would ping to **** and back.Must be the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
787 Posts
My 07 w/ 750 miles seems to rattle/knock a little as I take off from a stop. Not the lugging like not enough gas from a stop or too slow in second gear noise but more like an engine with no oil in it, just not quite as bad. I know the oil level is good and the oil has not broken down as I just changed it. I also run 93 octane fuel in it. Normal??????

·
Registered
999 Posts
Its the nature of the Beast. Push rod motor= very noisy. Its louder when its hot because the oil is thinner when warm. I wouldnt worry too much, unless it gets louder, and more frequent. I may be wrong, but I think you should only use around 87 octane for the warrior.

·
Registered
29 Posts
These are big V Twin this is not a I four or V four. These bike shake and since it is push rod tech there is going to be a knocking noise the stock air boxes a really good at noise reduction but if you remove them stand by form more noise. When the bike is cooler its going to be less thicker oil and when hot load as **** so get load pipes. If you are stock it still going to be there just not as load.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Runs well off the line. **** runs well All the time.

We have been kicking around trading it for a Street Glide but I dont wanna go from a Fast bike to a bagger.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you hate the pinging you should try living in Arizona. The heat is causing the pinging much like mine also does. As soon as I get to cool weather it stops. Using the high octane fuel will help this a little but it is also being lean that causes it. The higher octane fuel will burnslower with more controled burn thats why it helps. So don't listen to people who sayonly 87 octane because theymay not live in your type of enviroment (i.e. hills, heat and such factors).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts