RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one, I like to know if someone of you painted your engine and what type of paint you used. I really want to refresh my Midnight Warrior engine paint. Thanks!!!

·
Administrator
27,731 Posts
It's possible to go to a paint supply house and buy engine paint mixed to the Yamaha color code which is supported by Colorrite: https://www.colorrite.com

You can click for motorcycle and select Yamaha > Warrior and model year. I think there might be two different frame paint colors but just one motor color. Subtle difference. Could be ignored imo if it's a complete paint-over.

Notice some colorrite website lists for some model years list the frame / motor color and some do not. The 02 03 04 were the same motor color. The midnight came out in 05 and might have had a slightly different frame or motor color ID that was blue-tinted to a different extent.

I mention all this only in case it's a touch-up job. If it's a complete repaint I think it does not matter what model year color you use for the frame / engine because the colors are pretty darn close to each other.

Any hi temperature motor paint will work. The auto paint supply stores have that stuff.

No clear coat on motor. Unless a hi-temperature clear coat exists these days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What paint to use to paint the motor?

Hello friends, I would like to know if any of you painted your Warrior's engine and what paint did use? I would like to know your experiences, thanks in advance for your suggestions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts