RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching on this with no results.

I love my Warrior, but the motor just has too much vibration for me. I am going to be doing more long distance riding in the future, so I was trying to see if there is a way to rubber mount the engine. I was checking to see if anybody had tried it to date.

·
Administrator
29,677 Posts
I know they all vibrate to some extent, but it sounds like yours vibrates more than usual.I was going to suggest a good dynotune for your PC3 but I see you have a hot rod with cams and 110ci kit. A good dynotune after cleaning the filters and cleaning/gapping the plugs (and checking the coil wires) would certainly help. But it sounds like you aresaying it vibrates a lot at idle and on the road? If yes then it might also behelpful to havethe trees squared-up maybe it came loose? A crappy or out-of-balance rear or front tirecan do that too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arizona Warrior said:
I know they all vibrate to some extent, but it sounds like yours vibrates more than usual.I was going to suggest a good dynotune for your PC3 but I see you have a hot rod with cams and 110ci kit. A good dynotune after cleaning the filters and cleaning/gapping the plugs (and checking the coil wires) would certainly help. But it sounds like you aresaying it vibrates a lot at idle and on the road? If yes then it might also behelpful to havethe trees squared-up maybe it came loose? A crappy or out-of-balance rear or front tirecan do that too.

It has always vibrated, it's just finally gotten on my nerves. I know I am running rich, and really need a tune on my PCIII. I have been waiting on a set of pipes, but have been having a hard time getting something I want. I have to take a weekend and ride several hours to get to a shop to tune me anyways. Come to think of it, I had to change out one set of coil wires, I never did the other. I have the wire in the garage, I will have to get on that. I have pretty new plugs in it, but they could have fouled up quick given I am running rich. I'll wait to decide the future of my bike until I get the pipes and tune...I would have to get things ready for a sale anyways if I go that route.

TECK said:
Does it shakes at idle and you hear a soft rattling noise coming more on the left side? tactactactac....
Yeah, I can usually hear what I thought was the rockers. And yes, is shakes voilently at idle.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I don't think any kind of rubber motor mounts are the cure to your problem. You need to tune up your bike and get it running right.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Check the engine stay bolts with a torque wrench OR a spark cable might be faulty.
Once you start with the basics, you keep on eliminating one by one the problems.

I had the same problem, the bolts were a little lose and fixing them cured the nasty vibration. However, from what you say... it shakes violently at idle.
Since you are running rich, you might not notice if a wire does not have a good contact. I'm curious what Mike or Alan would say about the next step.

·
Administrator
29,677 Posts
Well, as above, a good dynotune after cleaning the filters and cleaning/gapping the plugs (and checking the coil wires) would certainly help. It solves the heeby-geebies at idle in lots of cases. Gotta admit it looks cool with that wide rear fender jumping up and down cold, huh? OK maybe not to everyone

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the look of the shaking at idle...it makes the bike look like a real beast.

I will tune everything when I can, I have to find somebody to make me a set of pipes first...my propipe is trashed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts