RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a saddlebag failure (my bad for going cheap on saddlebags) that fell back into rear wheel and ended up tearing off the entire rear light assembly - both turn signals, rear light, license plate bracket (with license plate), and housing that mounts under the rear fender. All that is left is some sheared off wires and parts of the brackets that the housing mounts too. I'll check with btk542 and see if he can fabricate the two metal brackets for me. Otherwise, if any one out there has any of the following parts and are willing to part with them, I'd be much obliged:
2007 Warrior Midnight (CA)
- turn signals - right and left
- rear light
- fender housing
- brackets (that bolt to the fender and the housing attaches to)
- license plate light
- license plate bracket

I'm trying to stay stock here, recognizing that I could go with an integrated rear light.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
$25.00 shipping included for the light if you're interested.

Had a saddlebag failure (my bad for going cheap on saddlebags) that fell back into rear wheel and ended up tearing off the entire rear light assembly - both turn signals, rear light, license plate bracket (with license plate), and housing that mounts under the rear fender. All that is left is some sheared off wires and parts of the brackets that the housing mounts too. I'll check with btk542 and see if he can fabricate the two metal brackets for me. Otherwise, if any one out there has any of the following parts and are willing to part with them, I'd be much obliged:
2007 Warrior Midnight (CA)
- turn signals - right and left
- rear light
- fender housing
- brackets (that bolt to the fender and the housing attaches to)
- license plate light
- license plate bracket

I'm trying to stay stock here, recognizing that I could go with an integrated rear light.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I've got an entire 2007 midnight stock rear end. I upgraded to a 280 with custom fender. It's missing the seat brackets and quick connect from the stock wires but everything else is there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I'm in Tampa at the moment until the 19th. I'll see if my wife can go in the garage and send me pics. Shipping shouldn't be too bad. Even though I'm in England the military ships it through USPS.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome response - Prices??

Both of you guys are great - better response on this mishap than I could have expected.

Obviously I want to make this happen as fast as possible so I can get back on the road again. If both of you can give me prices including shipping costs to zip 92225 (eastern Southern California, on the Colorado River/AZ border) I'd be very appreciative. I can pay via PayPal, send a check (old fashioned way), money order, cashiers check....you name it.

Buddy - I understand your situation and you were first to respond, so I feel obligated to you.

Desertboy - you are obviously a lot closer and I'm guessing shipping costs are going to be cheaper too, and I do appreciate the pictures. All looks great.

Thanks - let's make this work!!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Both of you guys are great - better response on this mishap than I could have expected.

Obviously I want to make this happen as fast as possible so I can get back on the road again. If both of you can give me prices including shipping costs to zip 92225 (eastern Southern California, on the Colorado River/AZ border) I'd be very appreciative. I can pay via PayPal, send a check (old fashioned way), money order, cashiers check....you name it.

Buddy - I understand your situation and you were first to respond, so I feel obligated to you.

Desertboy - you are obviously a lot closer and I'm guessing shipping costs are going to be cheaper too, and I do appreciate the pictures. All looks great.

Thanks - let's make this work!!

Don't feel obligated my friend. That's the beauty of this forum. We're here to help each other. I understand you want to get back on your bike ASAP. Desert boy will get you what you need quicker and allow you to do that. I'm sure another day will come when someone else needs a rear end and when it does I'll offer my assistance.

The offer still stands but please don't feel obligated. The choice is yours.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Buddy. Did go with Desertboy - he made me a great offer and remarkable response time. Should have the bike back on the road by end of the week and for a ton less than if I had purchased individual parts off parts suppliers.

You are right - this is a perfect example of why this forum is so great. We can all help each other out when needed - info, parts, advice, etc.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Thanks, Buddy. Did go with Desertboy - he made me a great offer and remarkable response time. Should have the bike back on the road by end of the week and for a ton less than if I had purchased individual parts off parts suppliers.

You are right - this is a perfect example of why this forum is so great. We can all help each other out when needed - info, parts, advice, etc.

Glad it worked out for ya!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Desertboy - parts came faster than I could have expected and they are perfect. Couldn't be happier. Need to fabricate some brackets to mount them to the fender cross-member, but that is no big deal. Then do the wiring hookup and I'm golden again. Bike has been sitting in the garage way too long...looking forward to getting it back on the road. Very happy ending to a difficult story. Buddy and Desertboy are both to be commended for their quick response and willingness to help out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Final update - all parts installed and wiring connected. Housing mounted up to the two bolts on the fender cross-member, so no brackets needed. Rode the bike to work yesterday - good to be back on the road again. Thanks again, Desertboy, Buddy & Randy_ny.

Mirror is available is anyone is interested...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts