RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.....I know ideally the pipes work the best when they are of equal length.

The stock pipe is not equal length and my V&H bigshots are not equal length either. How important is it for them to be equal and why isn't the stock exhaust that way? I know the elbow on the back cylinder adds a few inches, but I measured about 8 inch difference between the front and back pipes on the bigshots.

Anybody have any input on this? I am looking to designing a set of custom pipes for my 2005 warrior and would welcome any feedback from the gurus.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
The only pipe set, that I know of,with equal length pipes is the HardKrome Equalizers. I've had them on for a few years. A bit loud, good space between the pipe and heat shield, so they are comfortable. Not much on power.

So I guess that equal length is not everything.

·
Registered
429 Posts
the quick answer...diameter of the pipecontrols speed of exhaust pulse, determined by cubic inch of one cylinder. Length of pipe controls the time the reversion wave gets back in,determined by at what RPM you want scavanging to peak.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
You might want to check out the Forcewinder Streetfighter exhaust too. Look in my gallery for the pics of it on my Warrior. The big selling point of it is that the headers are equal length. It finishes as a single megaphone so its a 2 into 1. Loud? YES. No baffles. Strong pipe, Yes, 90hp 113 torque with basic mods. Expensive, to much so.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Going through Salt River Canyon I scraped the pegs, twice, nothing on the pipes...

Hope that helps ya out. I dont think they ever get close...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts