RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to erase old fault codes from the memory so I can start with a clean slate to check something.
Service manual talks of removing electrical lead from fuel pump and turning ignition key on and off. Anybody done this and does it sound correct?
The reason I ask is that I started to pull the fuel pump electrical lead. Undid the grey plastic cover and it's a four wire connection. I don't see the obvious plug connection (it almost looks hardwired).
Is this the proper procedure for erasing old codes?
Thoughts and comments appreciated.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It becomes even more helpful because intermittent faults can occur that do not cause the engine trouble light to go on. So I think I've fixed a fuel injection problem but I need to reset the code history to zero zero to make sure.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's why I posted the topic as "procedure 62" :^).
Manual is remarkably unclear in it's explanation of this procedure,
Anyway, being the stubborn type guy I am, I figured it out (getting into diagnostics was easy-figuring out how to get to 62 and reset was harder). For all of you playing with diagnostics, the procedure is:
1. To get into diagnostics, hold down select and reset button for about 8 seconds while turning ignition key on. DIAG will appear in place of your LED clock. Release both buttons.
2. Press and hold down the two buttons again for about two seconds. A code will appear in the clock window preceded by a 1:
The number after that is the particular diagnostic code you're at. In the window below will appear the reading for that particular code. It may be on/off, a voltage, a temperature, etc.
3. Press either select or reset to rotate through the diagnostic codes until 1:62 appears in the clock LED window. In my situation, the number 3 was showing in the lower window indication three previous error codes. This was true even though the engine malfunction light stayed off.
At this point, turn the kill switch on and off and the diagostic history reset to zero.
Ta da.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts