RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Error Codes, Got my bike back from the dealer today for a warranty repair, Bad Atmospheric pressure switch, code 25. Three months to get the part. Rode it home, ran great, Shut it off, now it won't stay running, Code 20... Dealer says bring it back...DUH!!! Does anyone have a list of the error codes that show up on the clock before starting the bike? I would love some help. Wahoo sitting in the F~ing garage for another three months...?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Here is a screenshot of some of the fault codes:

Updated picture. Now contains all the fault codes from the Service Manual on page 6-7.

Download Attachment: Fault codes.gif
40.35KB

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Is your bike intake system stock?

Have you done the BAK & Sensor relocation mod?

[*]Sounds like you may have some lose connectors or the connectors are plugged into the wrong sensors.
[*]A vacuum hose could have come loose or incorrectly installed into the wrong sensor.
[*]Sensors could be bad?
[/list]

According to the service manual, the bike should start with either error codes #20 & #25.

Picture of sensor location in stock form (bottom of the picture): http://angelfire.lycos.com/retro/billh1943/images/sensors.jpg

If you have the DIY BAK & sensor relocation plate mod: http://angelfire.lycos.com/retro/billh1943/images/coilsenbrkt.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Redhorse, I'm at work, my CD is at home. I assume the screen shot of the fault codes comes from the service manual?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
quote:Originally posted by OldMan

Redhorse, I'm at work, my CD is at home. I assume the screen shot of the fault codes comes from the service manual?

yup, its the bottom 2/3rd of page 6-7

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still stock on the intake side, I've been waiting for the Switch replacement that they did today to install my BAK and PCIII. It ran home from the dealer perfect. When I started it to put it in the garage the engine light and the 20 code were on. It'll start but not idle.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Your idle may be set to low. You can adjust it is seconds. Look under your seat and you will see a brass thumb screw, up near the large dry-break connector. Turn it clockwise to raise idle, counter-clockwise to decrease. It may seem hard to turn at first, but keep twisting till it moves, no tools needed.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've the idle set one bar below 1000 on the tach, When the bike was cool 2 hours after pushing it into the garage it started right up, no codes showing. She holds her idle, I did not ride anywhere because it was pouring outside, but I'm gonna take it to work tomorrow, 12 mile ride last four through the city traffic, It'll be nice and toasty when I get there. We'll she what happens when It gets good and warm. If it starts back up the dealer said they would double check the work they did today.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Thanks a ton Redhorse, I've wanted this for a while. I can't get a shop manual in Canada because it doesn't have a French language version (don't get me started).
Grumpy it sounds like you should do a quick once over of you plug in's and hoses on you pressure sensors. If you do a search on the BAK you'll see what they look like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts