RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
right time to announce the Euro meeting 2015 and some :D

so here is ya taster for ten from maik and the guys in germany ...we get one every year to wet our desires to ride ...and never fails to get me there

this will be my 7th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7azubB76R2I

now gav mentioned in passing earlier this year that he fancied a selfie on 'the bridge' summer 2015 ...like you do

the 10 mile bridge to be precise ...connecting denmark to sweden [it was featured in the title shots of a scary detective film on tv from denmark seen here]

anyways his warrior co riders here said he couldn't go without them!! ...so a plan was a foot...and now we are riding out to the euro meeting and riding past it early into denmark for a good day's ride ...stop over and ride back to the meeting :D

i know nuts...but sounds like a hoot so why wouldn't we...and it seems some of the euro guys are also as nuts as us and coming along for the h&ll of it

we wont have birgit with us at this meeting as by the end of this year, she will be a full time mum...and we 'uncles' are very pleased for her and ambrose

so ...the promo will show you the dates of the meeting and we are riding out of the uk 2 days before.... so some of you will be allowed to come with us...no i'm not kidding....the line out can't be more than 8 or 9 warriors or it will be real headache keeping it together and covering miles

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Good video:D:D

they forgot to add rain cos it always rains when we go there:(:(

but its a great weekend:):)

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Oih... It's illegal to stop at the bridge to take some snap shots... even if it is your posh UK bikes and handsome riders!
Dont kill the messenger, the rules are rules.
Only iron butt riders are allowed to stop, if they have the time... we didnt. :D

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hey Zal, being a 3 x times Iron Butt winner allows me to stop on the bridge anywhere......right?....... :p Maybe if I go dressed as the Evil clown then the cops would just think I'm mad....Hahaha

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now as much as I'd really really like to see you on the bridge in that get up!!!

Its too ruddy scary!!!...I can't make you out at all in there but for ya windies tat lol

let's just organise cameras at 90 degrees to snap each other as we ride ... The USA guys do it all the time

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Hey Zal, being a 3 x times Iron Butt winner allows me to stop on the bridge anywhere......right?....... :p
No,I'am truly sorry, but the law says: "stopping is only allowed to people not living on an island where warrior meeting is hold/held it rains all the time."

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No,I'am truly sorry, but the law says: "stopping is only allowed to people not living on an island where warrior meeting is hold/held it rains all the time."

oh so you're allowed to stop if you break down !!!???....

as always.....clever swedes/danes...

but i suppose the answer to that in finland is 'No!' then :p

and it only rains here when finnish people visit ....it's a mystery....so obviously, sensible people try not to be in the same place without a raincoat

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Harry - Reservation done, now I hope I can conjure the money from somewhere!?!?
now remember to bring your bucket and spade and umbrella :D

looking forward to seeing you again T. ....oh yes plus new photos ;)

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Even if the hotel wouldn't have a bed for him Marco would let the boy sleep in one of his hands.....for sure....

hey i could sleep in one of marco's hands !!

the evenings are now getting longer .... not long now harry :D

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
update

5 uk guys leaving england wednesday 22nd july ....will be at calais 2.35pm local time to start our holiday ...open to offers .....lol

it's only 405 miles from calais to butjadingen [i hate spelling that] so we have 3 days to get there the long twisty route preferably ...no idea where we are stopping overnight wednesday or thursday but intend to have a beer in our hands by early afternoon friday 24th at butja...thingy by the sea :)

we will leave sunday morning sometime [when gav's up] and take two days to get back to calais for monday 27th july at 5.55pm but we are on flexi tickets so we can change times some

harry how/when are you guys getting over to the west of germany lol

im feeling great now !!

·
Registered
949 Posts
What happened to your plan to visit Denmark with Pascal before the meeting?

I don't know when we are going to leave the east....
Perhaps we can meet on Thursday somewhere....
What have you guys planned between wednesday and friday?

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
This just in: Vikings from north are rallying the troops! Me + 2-3 will head out with the long boat, and will arrive on mid week, wednesday or THORsday to Germania.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
What happened to your plan to visit Denmark with Pascal before the meeting?

I don't know when we are going to leave the east....
Perhaps we can meet on Thursday somewhere....
What have you guys planned between wednesday and friday?
sadly harry having done some long homework ..we couldn't do the bridge in 4 days even...considered using the ferry / hotel at rostock to go north for one day and back that ferry alone was 69 euros for one day return but we were always on motorways to eat miles ...was 890 return to badjadingen and the princely sum of £390 each to do it before light drinking at the meeting and going home

we want a more relaxed cruise up from calais so doing 3 days and about 180 miles max a day and dave insists we stop for lunch often lol

and if we didn't make the bridge then much of denmark looks like much of germany except very very flat! and we love germany's hilly bits :D

would still like to hook up with pascal & emuh ...if you guys are near us then we will hook up with you..... now aren't you lucky [oh don't bring a friendship necklace ...you wont need it lol]

will probably book a hotel 160 miles into belgium heading north east on the wednedsday [eindhoven way?]..... any towns worth looking at ?....loved the look of dinant in belgium but too far east

we have to move early on ferry booking and the odd decent hotel so plans under way ... we've decided on dates we enter europe and leave and booked the ferries .... now to decide which way we travel north and who we might meet on the way :D

1 - 20 of 276 Posts