RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,
It`s time to think about the Warrior Meeting 2018. The Meeting in the Spessart Area in Germany is not far away.
There was a lot of general discussion about the location in the US- and also the German Forum. The broad agreement was to set it up at a central location in Europe. So that as much as possible Warriors can join the meeting. The main question is not where it will be, the question is who will organize it.
The organizer will set up the location. If someone is willing to organize it, please let me know. If we have more then one proposal we will vote for in the German Forum.
If someone has no access to the German Forum he can give me his vote and I´ll vote for him. The date we´ll set up as soon we know the location. The voting will start after the next Warrior Meeting.
For this meeting I am going to work as a liasion officer between the two forums and Facebook that we are all at the same state of play.

If nobody has time to organize the Meeting I could organize something in the Pfälzer Bergland (an highland area near to Kaiserslautern/Ramstein).

Cheers
Krieger

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Cheers for all your work and time spent Marcus - It's much appreciated.

The European meeting and seeing all our friends again, is the highlight of our riding year and is always looked forward to with great anticipation, as it never fails to be a great experience.

I'm just throwing this out as a suggestion.
I would like to have the meeting in the Bavaria / Black forest region next time.
As you know, it is a beautiful area, with great roads and scenery.
It is still a reasonably central situation.
(Although the Guys from northern Europe will have a little further to travel - the Hungarian riders will smile!).
I think the meeting in 2008 was in that area, but it will have been 10 years ago and it's definitely worth considering.
Of course - I realise that the biggest question will be WHO can organise it.

That is MY suggestion - any thoughts?

:cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jarv for your words of appreciation. In fact it is a pleasure to do it for a bunch of great guys.
We had the last meeting in the Black Forrest in 2009. Gerry organized it. The suggestions so far are:
  1. Black Forrest
  2. Netherlands
  3. Switzerland
I would like to do it sometime back in England again. it was great there.

But we don't have someone who would like to organize it. If we don't find someone, I'll do it in my region.

Cheers
Marcus

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
little update:
The suggestions so far are:

1. Black Forrest
  2. Netherlands (Gerry got in touch with the Dutch warriors)
  3. Switzerland (Steve would organize something)
  4. Poland (we don't know the person who would do it)
Cheers
Krieger

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Marcus
When this was last discussed it was felt that Germany was central for most riders. The average ride time to get to the meeting would be between 1-3 days.
Any further away means lots of autobahn riding which is just boring.

Would people travel to the UK again due to the distance?
I will put it forward for the 2019 meeting as Tom will have retired and will need something to do :))

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Marcus
When this was last discussed it was felt that Germany was central for most riders. The average ride time to get to the meeting would be between 1-3 days.
Any further away means lots of autobahn riding which is just boring.

Would people travel to the UK again due to the distance?
I will put it forward for the 2019 meeting as Tom will have retired and will need something to do :))

Dave
mr wizzy ... tom was 'tired' the first time round ? ...

yes yes of course 'we' would organise another uk meeting .... dover is lovely at this time of year :D

my first euro meeting was in the black forest .... loved it and the ride out was awesome

who organised it ? i'd happily go back to that area

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mr wizzy ... tom was 'tired' the first time round ? ...

yes yes of course 'we' would organise another uk meeting .... dover is lovely at this time of year :D

my first euro meeting was in the black forest .... loved it and the ride out was awesome

who organised it ? i'd happily go back to that area
UK would be great!

The meeting in the Black Forest was organized by Gerry. Oh yes it's a lovely area. My hometown is 15min from the that hotel away. At the ride out we did a fuel stop in my hometown.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
UK would be great!

The meeting in the Black Forest was organized by Gerry. Oh yes it's a lovely area. My hometown is 15min from the that hotel away. At the ride out we did a fuel stop in my hometown.

The meeting in the Black Forest was organized by Gerry. Oh yes it's a lovely area. My hometown is 15min from the that hotel away. At the ride out we did a fuel stop in my hometown.[/QUOTE]

now there is a thought ...marcus please host one there ...i'd love to return to the black forest for a meeting ...that would def get my vote and i suspect the rest of the uk guys :D

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Marcus
Could you host the 2018 meeting in the Black Forest as you know the area so well:D:D

Tom you need to read what is written
I said you would have retired (given up work) by the 2019 meeting:eek::eek:

Dave

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Wizzy, actually I'm planning to organize a meeting in my area next to Kaiserslautern. I offered it for this year and for next year as well. It's very nice here. You will see it at the stop on the way home from the next meeting.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Friends,

We got the prices from the company for the patches, shirts and stickers with our forums logo. the Warrior-Shop
is online now. According the poll we (Bojackson and I) where able to assess the amount of orders. With that
assessment we was able to set up a price with the producer.

Back patch 25cm = 20 €
Normal patch 10cm = 5 €
Shirt black = 18 €
Shirt white = 16 €
Sticker big, 21cm = 4 €
Sticker middle 12cm = 2,50 €
Sticker small 8cm = 1,80 €

Order here at the :
Warrior Shop

Because the lack of time the Warrior-Shop is only online until 13. July. It needs a week for producing and shipping. The handover will be at the meeting. If you are not at the meeting we will send it later to you.But not before end of August.
The Warrior-Shop will go online again after the meeting for new orders.

Cheers
Marcus

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Warriors
as you all know according to the vote the meeting 2018 will be held in Switzerland.
Our swiss friends have already picked a date.
The meeting will be from July 20th to July 22nd 2018

We are aware that the meeting collides with the date of the local meeting in Poland, but our Swiss friends have already made
preparations and were not willing to change the date in favour of Jacek.

More Information will be published later.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
EXCELLENT NEWS Marcus..... TMG first then straight over to buy a Toblerone bar in Switzerland :D

The Polish Warriors can join us in 2019 :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
great news marcus .... we are already planning

it's up to scotland first next year ..then all down to the ferry and 3 days travelling into switzerland by back roads ..gerry has told me how to sneak into switzerland :)

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
About that 2019 UK... Will I be informed about the actual departure time of the ride out. This is critical for me to know very early on since there have been an incident where the info didn't reach me on time.

·
Registered
949 Posts
About that 2019 UK... Will I be informed about the actual departure time of the ride out. This is critical for me to know very early on since there have been an incident where the info didn't reach me on time.

Same procedure as last year, Ms. Sophie?

Same procedure as every year, Mr. Zalama.....

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
So, that's a "buy everybody a round of beers, and hope somebody will tell"-protocol then... Check.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Hey,

As you all have probably already heard, I won't be attending the meeting this year.
Long story short: unemployment, father passed away, you know. The usual..
I don't want to ruin the meeting for everybody, so let's just leave that there.

Anyway!

I hope you all can have a super meeting!
I have messaged Tomba for the possibility to have a wattsap/skype/something video connection to you guys on Saturday. Let's see if we can make it happen!

Ride safe, and enjoy the scenery!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts