RS Warrior Forum banner

221 - 240 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
This format FS ad does not work very well. Maybe at first. But before long its not possible to know what remains. It seems fair to let this ad run as the test. But I don't see value to doing it again. It was worth a test drive.

Anyone have any better suggestions what to do when an entire Warrior is parted out? Maybe the earlier suggestion to post a pic of what is left had some validity.

However at some point it seems best for seller AND buyers to convert to the current rules to post what is left to be offered.

At this rate it will take years to complete this sale. Buyers may not care but it appears when seller has answered the same inquiries half a bazillion times there follows a bit of boredom and the ad lags for lack of seller interest. It seems anyway.

Any ideas to enhance warrior part-out ads for better results for sellers and buyers? Or should we just stick with the established rules next time one comes up?
Well for starters why not just delete the line instead of writing sold after it? And I thought prices needed to be listed on each item? And for the WebMaster how difficult would it be to turn each item into a link that would send you to a description of each item? (I know, probably too much...)

·
Administrator
27,709 Posts
Have a look at the first number of posts. This was a test of a new format. Sometimes even with the best intentions and hard work it just does not work as anticipated. Joey and Rudy gave it blood sweat tears and the mountain is simply too much. I still think its right to let this one run its course but we want ideas that maybe could lead to a workable option for parting out an entire Warrior. Hoping it will also help Joey and Rudy make more progress parting out this Warrior. Win Win. Hope.

Well for starters why not just delete the line instead of writing sold after it? And I thought prices needed to be listed on each item? And for the WebMaster how difficult would it be to turn each item into a link that would send you to a description of each item? (I know, probably too much...)

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I just thought since was an entire bike it would be much easier to list what's gone rather than list every item of the bike, it seems to me to have worked out quit well, members simply look at the "sold" list to see if what they are looking for is still available.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Just my two cents....
I thought the whole thing worked brilliantly - to a point.
Rudy was great at dealing with everything and between the two of you, you managed to successfully sell probably 75% or more of the parts.
It all went stagnant once the "interesting" stuff had gone. After that, nobody could really work out what was left.
I would say a sale like this works well, but maybe needs a time limit, where after that, a list has to be made of parts still available.
It doesn't need to include everything - like "horn bracket and nuts" for example, because I'm sure the seller should be able to appreciate what is, or is never likely to sell. They can list every nut and bolt - if they WANT to!
If the seller is not prepared to, or unable to make a list with prices,, then the thread should be closed at that point.
Of course, any individual is free at any time to PM the OP with questions when searching for leftover parts in the future, without everyone who was following the thread seeing dozens of repetitive questions.

So - my thoughts are:
Open type sales are good for parting out complete bikes only.
There would be, for example, a three month time limit.
The closing date should be stated in the opening post title.
The seller must actively monitor and manage the thread during that period - none of that "oh - I don't get on here much nowadays"'
No leaving people hanging. You are either selling - or you're not!
Once the end date arrives the seller should immediately post a proper list of items - with prices, or simply allow the thread to be closed and locked.
The site mods can liaise as the cut off date approaches.

Everything is transparent and it would keep the site clean of lots of "do you still have?" questions.

Joey and Rudy - your thread benefited many of us and once again i applaud you for your hard work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
need parts 04 warrior

front forks
front 3 spoke rim
front fender (gray/silver with flames)
let me know if you have these items.
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
front forks
front 3 spoke rim
front fender (gray/silver with flames)
let me know if you have these items.
thanks
Forks/tripple trees/axle/bar mounts(package) just sold.
No OEM wheels.
Only a black front fender.

221 - 240 of 265 Posts