RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am just saying that a good example of a blacked out bike would be mine. Not trying to be rude or forcefull. The other is the gentleman from Canada, although he does not have a build thread, just pictures.

We're good. I checked out your profile after you made the comment about no midnights, and I got what you were saying. I'm still going through the list and I don't really have time during the week to do major changes. So this weekend we'll get you added.

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
We're good. I checked out your profile after you made the comment about no midnights, and I got what you were saying. I'm still going through the list and I don't really have time during the week to do major changes. So this weekend we'll get you added.
No hurry, I'll still be here :)

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I don't even know if i'm in the right place to say this but I know what a stock bike looks like. I'd like to see pictures of bikes with mods, pics, with descriptions and tips regarding these mods. Enough handle bars, integrated tail lights and stuff painted black:eek:.

·
Premium Member
5,608 Posts
I don't even know if i'm in the right place to say this but I know what a stock bike looks like. I'd like to see pictures of bikes with mods, pics, with descriptions and tips regarding these mods. Enough handle bars, integrated tail lights and stuff painted black:eek:.
I agree,i don't see where a paint job is considered a mod.To me a mod is Hurd moving his rectifier under his bike,Yamaweezle's brake mod,warmar's rear end piece,and so on.Not judging just suggesting what mods are to me,not bolt on pieces.

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
I agree with you guys to a point, but I also think that he is looking to set up "Example Bikes" which in my mind is a little different than "highly modded bikes." For example, I look at what different pieces might look like on a bike -the Speed* RS air intake for example. That's just a bolted on piece, but I can see what one looks like without buying one. Maybe a different shift rod. Or an MC Enterprise backrest. While we don't just want pictures of stuff added to a bike, it doesn't mean we should rule out bikes that aren't highly modded. I just put new bars on my bike, and when I get around to it, I'm going to take some new pictures of mine. I'd like to see it added to the baggers category someday if I can get it up to speed. There aren't many, and I think it helps to get the creative juices flowing if you see what others have done -even if that's a tasteful blend of bolt on and purely modded...

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
Yes, a big '+1'.

Its nice to see what things actually look like and even what else is required. Like if you want to put on handlebars, do you need different length cables. The pictures of completed bikes really is where the rubber meets the road.

I agree with you guys to a point, but I also think that he is looking to set up "Example Bikes" which in my mind is a little different than "highly modded bikes." For example, I look at what different pieces might look like on a bike -the Speed* RS air intake for example. That's just a bolted on piece, but I can see what one looks like without buying one. Maybe a different shift rod. Or an MC Enterprise backrest. While we don't just want pictures of stuff added to a bike, it doesn't mean we should rule out bikes that aren't highly modded. I just put new bars on my bike, and when I get around to it, I'm going to take some new pictures of mine. I'd like to see it added to the baggers category someday if I can get it up to speed. There aren't many, and I think it helps to get the creative juices flowing if you see what others have done -even if that's a tasteful blend of bolt on and purely modded...

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Nice work with this, Somedude451. While I see the point of the suggestion about mods being more than just bolt on stuff, I also see value in featuring the bolt on mods, too. Anyway, the categories may help the "mod purists" see what they want without looking at the aftermarket part bolted on, but for me, I want to see both.

Subscribed to this one, some where to get more ideas...

·
Administrator
27,916 Posts
Me too. I spent a lot of time looking at installed accessory items on other member's bikes to see how they looked as part of the whole, you know what I mean, like, how they looked with other various mods and accessories. That took awhile but I ended up getting just the accessories I wanted, for the most part, so didn't waste much coin over the years that way.

Nice work with this, Somedude451. While I see the point of the suggestion about mods being more than just bolt on stuff, I also see value in featuring the bolt on mods, too. Anyway, the categories may help the "mod purists" see what they want without looking at the aftermarket part bolted on, but for me, I want to see both.

Subscribed to this one, some where to get more ideas...

·
Registered
1,984 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Looks like there are a few wrong Robert.

Frec gets GS Cycles link,
Gibbsy gets Sangathors link,
Gilly gets Griders link,
I get pre-smashed version with old user name....Lol
should link to...
Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums - Caledonian Warrior's Album: G's Warrior

Gav.
Good catch on that stuff. Odd about Frec's, I could have sworn I fixed that one. Anyway, everything is as it should be and I'll make sure to QC better next time.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Cheers, SomeDude!

I feel proud to see my bike amongst this many stunning looking bikes!

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I went through the whole list about a month ago and noticed a lot of the bikes looked like they only had one or 2 mods done.... but basicly stock bikes. I do support the idea of having a thread for pictures with certain mods done so others may see what their bike could look like with that specific mod... but I think specific threads like "exhaust photo thread" would be more helpful and simpler for that. I just think it'd be too much work to break everymod down and post a pic of multiple bikes for that mod. Plus that'd be quite a bit of scrolling too.

What I would like to see in an "example bike" thread would be not neccessarly highly modified bikes, but bikes that have really captured a "theme" or have that beautiful flow. A thread I could click on in search of inspiration for when I mod my bike. What really inspires me is to see how others have captured a "vision/flow" with there bikes. For example, I don't exactly think Kouba's bike is the best looking warrior but I think it's a good example of creativity accomplishing a different look.

Just my 2 cents. I support whatever direction you go with this and will help in any way.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts