RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my new warrior for one week (500 kilometers) before garaging it while I left the country. Now I find the washers under the Allen bolts on the end of the exhaust are rusting and there's a light discoloration on the disk around the exhaust pipe. Has anybody else experienced this?

·
Registered
201 Posts
2 weeks old and 800 miles later... there's bluing and bronzing 6-8 inches down from the bolts on the front only. Nice for sunset, but not my **** bike! Some of it came off with elbow grease and a non-abrasive cleanser.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is actually rust on the washers, like they didn't bother using stainless. I'm considering taking it back on warranty. The discoloration on the end of the pipe looks like the oxidization you get on aluminum, but I think that component is stainless steel, so I'm a little unsure what it is! Thought perhaps somebody else out there might have encountered this and found a remedy.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That sucks definatly bring it back. Man you must be in some ocean air or something. I checked my pipe (its on the wall in the garage) and there is no oxidation or corrosion on it at all. But I am in Arizona, with the "Dry Heat" , havent heard of anyone else with this problem .
Good luck and wecome to "The Bike"

·
Registered
142 Posts
Have a question on this subject, my chambermaids are getting the dark yellow/tan color. Is it a good idea to try to polish them and remove the color or? The PC3 was set up and adjusted by the dealer and seems to be set just fine. Will some adjustment in this area help or are we just stuck with color change? Honestly the color in not that horrible looking. Thanks for any imput.[B)]

·
Registered
683 Posts
yellow and brown discoloration usually indicates a rich condition.though most cruiser style pipes are chrome and double heat sheilded they are not supposed to discolor.the folks who run the stainless exhausts expect to see some gold discoloration as the exhaust goes thru its heat cycles and on stainless it usually looks pretty good,it still polishes up good.there are several polishes that claim to remove discoloration although i have not ever personally tried them.my personal opinion is that a little discoloration adds character to the bike,and as long as its running good i would leave it.but theni bought my bike to ride...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks Boogie Man, just wanted to be sure that there was not any manditory action I should take. I agree with you that as long as its running good the color will just melt into the back ground of the bike. Thanks again.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I have heard of a few people getting yellowed pipes replaced under warranty. I thought yellowing was do to running lean? I could be wrong, though. My front header pipe started to turn this weekend when I was running the bike in the drive way. It was about 20 degrees Far. out. I have 4200 miles on and this is the first color change I have seen. I just put the pc3 on recently and it runs great. I think it was either because it was so cold then hot, then cold again, or maybe my pc3 is out of tune. I'm not to concerned as my next mod will be a different pipe anyway.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I was at the HD shop a while back and an owned was asking about a rusting bolt. He was told the bolt are special tension bolts and not to take them off just to add a cover. I bring this up only b/c it was the first time I saw the crome bolt covers and the looked pretty good. You might want to look aroung and find some if this remains a problem.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Also remember guys, stainless doesn't mean that it won't stain, it really does mean stains less. Above all, some polish should do the trick. Kind of a necessary evil, but turns out just fine.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I've got about 8500mi on mine and the front pipe is a little yellow. It probably wouldn't be noticeable if that heat shield wasn't there to contrast. If I remember correctly, it started to turn before I did the pipe mod and added the PC3. i'm more concerned with the fact that my chrome belt guard is already badly pitted. Hopefully it will be replaced under warrante because none of the other chrome parts are pitting.

NJW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts