RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting new, nicer stainless steel or chrome (moly) allen head bolts for my bike. The stock one's on there now are rusted out and ugly.
Any one know the size of these bolts and where I can get a decent set of new ones?

Xander

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
If I was home I would go measure for you. You could go on MSSS site and pull it up in the parts cat. If you do go stainless use some anti- sieze. Stainless can do goofy things with other metals sometimes (crack steel, pull threads from aluminum) but there isnt nothing like the nice new shine of stainless.

·
Administrator
29,664 Posts
The Star web parts page seems to call-out the part numbers as shown below, for item #7, and item #33 - are my old eyes seeing that right? Anyway I didn't notice the bolts for the front jug are different from the rear jug, maybe they are but I didn't notice it. Therefore the Yami part# trick to read bolt sizes might not work (the trick is posted in DOWNLOADS).

We need a hand-on measurement maybe.

90110-08042-00
BOLT, HEXAGON SOCKET HEAD

90111-06020-00
.BOLT

·
Registered
406 Posts
Are you only talking for the rear cylinder? Aren't the fronts studs? I'm a little confused as to what number 33 actually is. Is that part of the stock exhaust? Anyway, for the rear, I bet the trick does work in this case...8 X 42.

·
Registered
262 Posts
my front jug has studs and the and the header bolts on to the those...the rear header has 2 exhaust bolts w/ a round allen head (6mm, I think).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. If I remember correctly the front is other one bolt one nut or two nuts. don't remember. Trying to find out what MSSS is so I can go to their site. Do Home Depot, Lowe's and such carry these types of bolts? I'll be in the states for only another week and I probably won't get the bolts in time.

Xander

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lost the rear hex bolts. Part# 90110-08042-00. Anyone know what size these are so i can pick up a pair from the hardware store instead of being down for a week waiting for shipment?

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
Lost the rear hex bolts. Part# 90110-08042-00. Anyone know what size these are so i can pick up a pair from the hardware store instead of being down for a week waiting for shipment?
the rear 2-bolt exh flange fasteners are soc hd cap screws M8 x 1.25 p and length? ... should be easy to find

1 - 9 of 9 Posts