RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, since you guys did so well on my first posting (keys), I'm going to toss two more at you:

1) I bought the bike used (two weeks ago) and the original owner was pretty cool, but not very well organized. He didn't remember what brand of exhaust pipes he had put on. I've looked all over the pipes and can't see any kind of identifying markings. I've posted two pictures of the bike (yes, it needs cleaning - been riding to work) for you guys to take a look at. I even looked at images of bikes on Google Images to see if I could match, with no luck.

2) The front fork lower dust seals are dry rotted and cracked. I asked the guys at the local dealership about how much to replace and their number is pushing $400. Obviously they are bending me over almost every way here. I can get the dust and oil seals for less than $30 and the oil for around $20. My question is this a job that someone who is modestly mechanically inclined with a decent collection of tools do, or do you need specialty tools and superior mechanical knowledge to replace these seals?

Thanks again.

Oh yeah...ignore the cheasy-a*s crate attached to the back. We are having a pre-Thanksgiving deal at work and I need more carry space than the small duffel bag I normally strap to the backrest. I am in the process of ordering some leather saddlebags, but until then, a milk crate will have to do. Feel like I'm riding in Kentucky or someplace like that (no offense intended to the Kentucky riders on this forum, either).

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
As far as the forks go, how mechanically inclined you are is important. I received a similar quote from my dealer. That motivated me. I replaced my fork seals myself a few months ago. The service manual is the best guide. You will need a few special tools, like a spring compressor, a fork seal tool to seat the seal, and a tool to measure the amount of oil you put in. I made my own spring compressor and bought the rest. If I bought everything, it would still be cheaper than the dealer, and I own the tools. Do a search on the forum. I found it helpful, and other members will surely chime in. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
8,694 Posts

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Yea those are hardkrome exhaust I have those myself .hey by the way did u buy ur bike here in the valley cause I swear some months ago I met a guy with a warrior exactly the same in Palm desert at a gad station.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, again for the responses and input. Great suggestions that will save me a ton of money and not be giving it to that freakin' dealership (who I am told is run by a real jerk).

Desertboy - I got my bike from a guy in Chatsworth. I have no idea how far and wide he rode though.

Parkinglot - it took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to. The sticker comes off first thing in the morning.

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Lol..you know which one.....I remember back when I joined the forum and posted a pic of my bike..Oldman crawled up my a about that sticker...so I'm just carrying on the tradition!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts