RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, just got a new warrior last weekend and I've already started shopping for a new exhaust since the stock exhaust is still on there. I'm looking around and seeing a few options on major websites. When I look at some of the pictures and posts from guys here and on Facebook, it looks like pipes that were not traditionally labeled as fitting on the warrior are being used. Is there a significant difference between getting parts for a RS and pipes for a RS Warrior? What are some of y'alls favorite pipes to run with?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the impression I'm getting too. Almost feel compelled to pick something out ASAP before the selection dwindles... I've checked out V&H, PCS, and some Freedom performance exhausts for the warrior...any other brands that may be less known to someone coming into the realm of exhausts should know about that are geared toward the Warrior?
Many Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
TTUdude;

-I like the Cobra Speedster Swept exhaust personally. Also, the exhausts by Ricky Graffeo
are works of art (custom) and not that much more than some of the offerings from the big names.

madtom421 is correct in letting you know the offerings are indeed dwindling. My advice to you is to do your research and when able, get the one you want and even if you do not install it now, you will have it. Now that we are getting the weather that old man winter is famous for, the install would make a good winter project. (Make sure you get some new OEM exhaust gaskets for the install).

Hope this helps and let the forum know what you decide on.
Rg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rg! I just reached out to Graffeo inquiring on prices. His work looks amazing. Crazy talented!

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
I would probably go for the Ricky exhaust but if not just start by looking on Ebay and Craigslist as used stuff comes up for sale all the time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
TTUdude;

-Another really nice exhaust is being offered for sale on this forum by ROCKETMANZX10R.
The Gen 2 SpeedStar 2-1 exhaust is a great performer and looks good also. I am not sure if he is willing to ship but it does not hurt to ask.
Rg

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I like the Van's n Hines Pro Pipe...

Sounds n performs awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
That's the impression I'm getting too. Almost feel compelled to pick something out ASAP before the selection dwindles... I've checked out V&H, PCS, and some Freedom performance exhausts for the warrior...any other brands that may be less known to someone coming into the realm of exhausts should know about that are geared toward the Warrior?
Many Thanks!
I may be wrong, but I don’t think Freedom makes pipes for the Warrior, just the Raider. And they’re known to have poor welds. PCS are famous for horrible customer service and their ceramicoating wears off almost instantly.

You can still find Cobras as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I loved my cobra swept, the look and the sound were perfect for me. Except I hated having to take the exhaust off just to adjust the belt... it blocks the rear axle nut. I prefer to have my nuts easily accessible... makes maintenance much easier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may be wrong, but I don’t think Freedom makes pipes for the Warrior, just the Raider. And they’re known to have poor welds. PCS are famous for horrible customer service and their ceramicoating wears off almost instantly.

You can still find Cobras as well.

Good luck.
Appreciate that feedback and advice! Rather hear it here than learning it for myself that hard way!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I loved my cobra swept, the look and the sound were perfect for me. Except I hated having to take the exhaust off just to adjust the belt... it blocks the rear axle nut. I prefer to have my nuts easily accessible... makes maintenance much easier.
Amen brother! Seriously!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
867 Posts
Appreciate that feedback and advice! Rather hear it here than learning it for myself that hard way!
PCS makes one of the coolest looking and sounding exhausts for the warrior. I looked at it seriously for my bike, but as has been said their ceramicoat has issues, they aren't offered in chrome, and their customer service sucks. Also the pipe is single wall with no heat shields. There are lots of threads about the pros and cons of the exhaust. Do some research and you decide. I'd you like the look of wrapped pipes, that will help with the heat and finish and maybe they are right for you.

There are a few slip on options if you can find them. I had a Roadhouse slip on when I bought my bike. In my albums I think there is a picture of it. Sounded great, real deep and loud. I swapped it out for the Samson shorties. Roadhouse pipes come up for sale occasionally. And it never hurts to post a wanted ad.
Look at pictures and decide the look you like then be patient and watch the forum frequently and you will be rewarded.

Also I don't think anyone mentioned it before, but there were some recalls for the warrior. Yours is so unused it may never have had them done. There's a lot written on the forum about how to check.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Appreciate the notes on the PCS exhaust. I agree, the look is nice, but I've read too many threads describing issues with the pipes that I'll probably just save up for a Graffeo exhaust. Replaced the muffler today 🙂 Better than what it was!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I ordered my PCS pipe uncoated, had heat shields made then sent them to jethot to be coated. Absolutely love the pipe.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I ordered my PCS pipe uncoated, had heat shields made then sent them to jethot to be coated. Absolutely love the pipe.
What was your all in cost? And how did you find someone to make the shields? Did you go black or chrome?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It did turn out to be a costly venture. About 8 bills total if I remember correctly. It was quite a few years ago. I had to convince them to sell me a uncoated pipe which shouldn't have been a problem but was difficult finding someone at PCS to make the executive decision. Once they agreed, I had them send the pipe to 13 choppers in Cali to build the heat shields and send the pipe to Jethot for coating. I think the outcome is spectacular but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can be your own judge. There are pics in my profile for you to view. Black pipe with chrome heat shields and exhaust tip. In the end, the look of the pipe far outweighs the cost in my eyes. Take a look and tell me what you think.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts