RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if there are removable baffles in my coffee can of a muffler.(05 warrior) some guy at a bike shop said there may be some in there... if not ...it be an awful waste of space ! the bike sounds wimpy with such a cannon on the side of it ! i want it to sound of when gunned ! suggestions ?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
It was just toooo big for me and I was glad to loose it, so was the bike, it ran a lot faster after loosing 13kg off of the side.
Just my thoughts, however the mod above is a good one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I did this mod back in the day when I had my stock exhaust on my bike.
The only difference is I used a Plasma Cutter to open up the back of the can, removed the innards (the back baffle that the exit pipe mounts to), shortened the exit pipe a little then welded it back together.
It looks stock unless you stick a flashlight in it & sounds much better.

Here are some 2 year old Pics I saved.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Totally agree with you. Get some beers & a couple of buds, look over the directions peops have posted, it's pretty straight forward, with a long drill bit, crowbar and basic tools you guys'll hammer it out in an evening. I really like the big can but it was still a little too quiet even after gutting it so wound up putting on another pipe. By the way for fun when you have the can off start it up and hear what it really sounds like [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
295 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Cruzr

Totally agree with you. Get some beers & a couple of buds, look over the directions peops have posted, it's pretty straight forward, with a long drill bit, crowbar and basic tools you guys'll hammer it out in an evening. I really like the big can but it was still a little too quiet even after gutting it so wound up putting on another pipe. By the way for fun when you have the can off start it up and hear what it really sounds like [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

By the way for fun when you have the can off start it up and hear what it really is suppose to sound like ! [8D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts