RS Warrior Forum banner

201 - 220 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Started with a used set of HC 3" Big Straights I picked up from another member. I loved the size of the pipe (****... everything else on the bike is big) I just hate long pipes. So I cut the pipes shortly after they straightened out. I then cut the baffles in half. I then took the front half of the baffles into the local muffler shop and had them make me 2 adaptors that would slide OVER the baffles but would slide INSIDE the 3" exhaust pipe. I bought two 2.5' peices of 3" exhaust pipe and slid them over the baffles (baffles were welded to the original pipe to hold them in place). The new 3" exhaust pipe butted up to the 3" heat sheilds perfectly. Welded it all up and gave the pipes a slant cut and made a small mount bracket behind the pipes to hold them together and to the bike (bolt onto lower factory exhaust mount on the frame).

BEFORE:

Here you can see the adaptor which is slid over the baffle. As you can see the 3" exhaust pipe slid quite a ways up to butt up with the heat shield.

END RESULT:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm getting a little picture post crazy b/c Jarv and Justice helped me figure this out today. But here's my set-up - Hard Krome American Classic Straights.

·
Registered
10 Posts
BoricuaWarrior your bike is absolutely freakin hot! I am new to the world of Warriors and I have fallen in love with this particular style of pipes. I was just wondering, what programmer type are you using on your bike with this set of pipesI

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey In2deep,

Nice bike. I liked yourright side clean up. Would you mind pass some info about what did you have in the place of the black coffin airbox?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Rx Warrior said:
The only exhaust that is canyon approved

You are correct sir. If I rode like I did at Deals Gap all the time, this exhaust would be a must. I just can't make myself like the look. I did comprimise and picked upa stock header for all "fun" vacations!

·
Registered
633 Posts
DottoreItalia said:
Zip. That exhaust looks like it scrapes on right handers? How is it in actually riding scenarios?
I have the Samson Street Sweeper which are the same pipes with a different tip. I have yet to scrap mine but I don't ride like some of the guys here. I got them from a board memeber (thanks butt rammer) and he was able to scrap the crud out of the lower tip. Mine has the Monster baffles in them and they sound great.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I had Bubs that were quicker to scrape. I just air up about two inches. here is a better pic to see it isn't that low. It's a very good handling"cruiser" but not a sport bike, so I don't try to ride it like it's one. I love my Buell Lightening for that. No mater what I did to my Warrior It would never match that bike for that. OOPS!!! Was that controversial ? [/IMG

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Yay Zip!

That is one wicked looking bike!

Great work... I liked it before.... but now it's ...evil!

Yeah I agree, the Bubs are far too easy to scrape.

What do your new pipes sound like?

I SAID... WHAT... DO ...YOUR... NEW ... PIPES... SOUND ...LIIIIKE?

Yes....half past three....No... . . .what?

·
Registered
827 Posts
How are you doing. I hope well. How is your project coming? The pipe isn't quite as loud as the Bub's were. It is loud when you bury the tach. but really not too bad when your cruising, which I do most of the time. It does sound lower and throaty , more of a rumble than the cracking sound of the Bub's. Keep in touch and let me know how your bike is coming along. Later

·
Registered
8 Posts
Curous if you left the heat shields on before wrapping. Was the exhaust tip welded or secured some other way? This is EXACTLY the kind of mod I've been lookin' for!

201 - 220 of 516 Posts