RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I replaced my Oem exhaust Studs, Nuts and Bolts with OEM and took measurements of the New and old ones.
This will help those looking for bolts studs and nuts for the studs of different then OEM.

Front/Rear tap-end studs
M8-1.25x 42m(45mm is usable)
(Rough tap-end stud measurement-
Tap-end 14.60mm
Body 8.69mm
Nut-end 18.67mm)
(Rounded off to nearest tap-end stud measurement-
Tap-end 15mm
Body 9mm
Nut-end 19mm)
(Tightening torque 11ft lbs/132in lbs tq)
Oem part # 95617-08625-00 (total of 2 unless replacing rear head exhaust studs aswell as front then 4 are needed)

Stud flange nuts
M8- 1.25x 11m ( Tightening torque 14ft lbs/168in lbs tq)
Oem part # 90179-08410-00 (total of 2 unless replacing rear head exhaust studs aswell as front then 4 are needed)
Removal tool size - 12mm wrench/socket head

Rear stainless allen/hex bolts
M8- 1.25x 30m ( Tightening torque 17ft lbs/204in lbs tq)
Oem part # 91314-08030-00 (total of 2)
Removal tool- 6mm Allan wrench

OEM copper crush gaskets
3EG-14613-00-00

Use anti seize.

I have more pictures then allowed to post so I have the pics made into a video.

Removal of front studs -
This way helps if your studs are stuck or the nuts keep spinning off instead of removing the stud.

Before you put any of nuts on the stud to remove, stick the closed end of the wrench on the stud with the handle angled towards the cylinder head (if your wrench has the bend towards the end.
Then screw the nut all the way to the wrench but leave enough room to be able to move it off the nut so you'll be able to turn them adjust.
Then add the 2nd nut and tighten it down.
You'll been 2 wrenches. Or 1 wrench and a socket/ratchet. (12mm)

Use the 2nd wrench or socket/ratchet to tighten the outer nut while also trying to un screw the stud from the inner nut.
So tighten the outer nut the same time your trying to back out the stud.
This should work as I've done this many times.

Showing the wrench on the nut and the angle of the wrench towards the cylinder head.

Showing the wrench off enough to be able to turn the adjust to turn again.

Showing the use of the socket/ratchet instead of the 2nd wrench tightening the nut while using the wrench to break the stud loose.
Also using a wrench for leverage on the end of the wrench breaking loose the stud.

Exhaust stud removed with both nuts.

Installation on front and rear studs-
Install both old nuts to the new stud and tighten together.
The shorter threaded end of the stud inserts/threads into the cylinder head.
Apply Anti seize to that shorter end before instal.
Thread stud into the cylinder head by hand with your fingers to prevent cross threading.
Using a torque wrench on the outer nut tighten.
Tightening torque 11ft lbs/132in lbs tq

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are the bolts also welded on? If memory serves, it's usually the nuts you remove and these do look welded for some odd reason. You will need to cut/drill and get new bolts.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the bolts also welded on? If memory serves, it's usually the nuts you remove and these do look welded for some odd reason. You will need to cut/drill and get new bolts.
I'm not really sure what you mean but here the old removed front head studs/nuts and side bolts from my bike.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I replaced my Oem exhaust Studs, Nuts and Bolts with OEM and took measurements of the New and old ones.
This will help those looking for bolts studs and nuts for the studs of different then OEM.

Front/Rear tap-end studs
Tap-end 14.60mm
Body 8.69mm
Nut-end 18.67mm)
Tap-end 15mm
Body 9mm
Nut-end 19mm)
Oem part # 95617-08625-00 (total of 2 unless replacing rear head exhaust studs aswell as front then 4 are needed)

Stud flange nuts
Oem part # 90179-08410-00 (total of 2 unless replacing rear head exhaust studs aswell as front then 4 are needed)

Use anti seize.

Removal of front studs -
This way helps if your studs are stuck or the nuts keep spinning off instead of removing the stud.

Before you put any of nuts on the stud to remove, stick the closed end of the wrench on the stud with the handle angled towards the cylinder head (if your wrench has the bend towards the end.
Then screw the nut all the way to the wrench but leave enough room to be able to move it off the nut so you'll be able to turn them adjust.

Use the 2nd wrench or socket/ratchet to tighten the outer nut while also trying to un screw the stud from the inner nut.

Showing the wrench on the nut and the angle of the wrench towards the cylinder head.

Showing the use of the socket/ratchet instead of the 2nd wrench tightening the nut while using the wrench to break the stud loose.
Also using a wrench for leverage on the end of the wrench breaking loose the stud.

Thread stud into the cylinder head by hand with your fingers to prevent cross threading.
Good afternoon, sir. I am looking to also change the gaskets. I know that I will need 2 of those. Will you be able to also provide an EOM part number for those, please? Tbis is my first Warrior and the very first bike I am trying to work on myself and I don't want to order the wrong part. Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good afternoon, sir. I am looking to also change the gaskets. I know that I will need 2 of those. Will you be able to also provide an EOM part number for those, please? Tbis is my first Warrior and the very first bike I am trying to work on myself and I don't want to order the wrong part. Thank you in advance!
Sure

3EG-14613-00-00

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
12 Posts

Front/Rear tap-end studs
Tap-end 14.60mm
Body 8.69mm
Nut-end 18.67mm)
Tap-end 15mm
Body 9mm
Nut-end 19mm)

Stud flange nuts

OEM copper crush gaskets
3EG-14613-00-00

Use anti seize.

Removal of front studs -

Hey are these

Front/Rear tap-end studs
Tap-end 14.60mm
Body 8.69mm
Nut-end 18.67mm)
Tap-end 15mm
Body 9mm
Nut-end 19mm)

Stud flange nuts

OEM copper crush gaskets
3EG-14613-00-00

Use anti seize.

Removal of front studs -

Hello. Are these the self-locking nuts? I will be replacing my stock exhaust to a Speedster as well as all of the nuts, bolts stud and bolts, because the ones I currently jave are very rusty. As I watch a few videos on how to take the stock exhaust off the bike and reading your post, I realize that I will he needing the self-locking nuts in order to remove and replace the front head exhaust studs. But looking at these nuts, I don't see the teeth that will grab on each other. Will I have to purchase those self-locking nuts separately?

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey are these

View attachment 248460
Hello. Are these the self-locking nuts? I will be replacing my stock exhaust to a Speedster as well as all of the nuts, bolts stud and bolts, because the ones I currently jave are very rusty. As I watch a few videos on how to take the stock exhaust off the bike and reading your post, I realize that I will he needing the self-locking nuts in order to remove and replace the front head exhaust studs. But looking at these nuts, I don't see the teeth that will grab on each other. Will I have to purchase those self-locking nuts separately?
No, use the old nuts and tighten together tightly towards eachother on the stud. That's how they lock together.
Use the same old nuts to install the new studs.
You don't need different locking style nuts.

The nuts you buy are only to replace the old ones when you go to install your exhaust.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, use the old nuts and tighten together tightly towards eachother on the stud. That's how they lock together.
Use the same old nuts to install the new studs.
You don't need different locking style nuts.

The nuts you buy are only to replace the old ones when you go to install your exhaust.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
So I can't replace those old nuts? I wanted to replace them because they too are rusty

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I can't replace those old nuts? I wanted to replace them because they too are rusty
Yes. Get new ones.

I'm saying to use the old nuts to remove the old studs if you will be replacing the old studs aswell.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes. Get new ones.

I'm saying to use the old nuts to remove the old studs if you will be replacing the old studs aswell.

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)
I've been trying to find them but I don't know what they are called. Can you help, please? Mayne with a part number if you know it

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been trying to find them but I don't know what they are called. Can you help, please? Mayne with a part number if you know it
Studs- 95617-08625-00
Nuts- 90179-08410-00
Bolts- 91314-08030-00
Gaskets- 3EG-14613-00-00

2 of each is all you need

Rudy Jeremias (rij1)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts