RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the specs for the exhaust Studs, Nuts and Hex bolts? I have the part number but the cost is crazy. It's cheaper too get them at a store.

Or does anyone know the Yamaha repair kit for them(I had the part number for the kit but can't seem to find it)

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Be super careful putting the studs in the engine. Broke one off in my motor and had to have it taken out professionally. Hopefully getting my bike back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
McMaster Carr supply

8mm x 1.25 x 50mm long SS and flanged nuts also SS

Site wouldn't let me send link PM me and I will give it to you.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Be super careful putting the studs in the engine. Broke one off in my motor and had to have it taken out professionally. Hopefully getting my bike back tomorrow.

Roger that. I had a broken stud in the rear jug. Had to take the head off to drill it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mine was the front right stud. The one that is directly in line with the frame. Tried drilling it and made it worse. Took the guy getting it out a couple days to figure out how he was going to get it. He welded to it and kept breaking his welds. Didn’t hear yet how he finally got it. Lesson learned!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes, it 8x1.25 and 50mm long.

Tried to use stainless steel bolts. Broke 2 out of 4. One on each cylinder. On one, I managed to unscrew it by hammering a torx bit into it. Just in front of the frame. That was lucky.

On the second, I was possible to remove the receiving part of the tube by unscrewing it from the cylinder and the bolt was brutally drilled.

Now I do not use stainless bolts or bolts from solid types of steel. Now I use studs, as installed at the factory and copper / bronze nuts on one cylinder, and ordinary steel screws on the second cylinder.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm going to stick with the OEM Studs, Nuts and Bolts unless there's better ones recommended?

·
Registered
672 Posts
OEM on partszilla isn’t to hateful on price. But if you can find steel ones over aluminum I would.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ehh, I went with OEM.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Might as well, right.
Yeah, it's easier and I'm sure cheaper overall.

Maybe down the line I'll get some ARP ones when I have more time to look into them.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just received my studs,nuts and bolts.

The studs aren't 50mm
There 42mm(45mm is good)

The bolts are 30mm.

Front/Rear tap-end studs
M8-1.25x 42m
Rough tap-end stud measurement
(Tap-end 14.60mm/Body 8.69mm/Nut-end 18.67mm)
Rounded off to nearest tap-end stud measurement-
(Tap-end 15mm/Body 9mm/Nut-end 19mm)

Stud flange nuts
M8- 1.25x 11m

Rear stainless allen/hex bolts
M8- 1.25x 30

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts