RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have to do my 600 mile service on Saturday, which includes changing the transfer case oil. I was taking a good look at the bike today, and it looks like you need to unbolt and drop down the right side peg and rear brake lever assembly in order to get the front header pipe out. I've searched all over the site, and nobody mentions this. It's an 08 midnight, and there is a little chrome guard that looks like it's sopposed to keep your right foot off the exhaust when it's on the peg.

I also have another possible option. It looks like if I remove the heat shielding I might just get enough room to slip a fender washer in the transfer case fill plug. Will this work, or do I need to remove the exhaust. I don't feel like making special tools. I'm comfortable taking things apart and putting them back together, but I like to work smart instead of hard.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Follow the instructions in the links provided by Arizona Warrior and you should be fine.

Using a washer might be a tight fit and will end up scratching the case. I made my own tool from one of those plastic electrical outlet boxes that I had laying around. Transfer case oil is not a frequent job but I didnt feel like removing the exhaust. The outlet box had the right angles, easy to cut to size and made of plastic, it wont scratch. Works really well.

Here is a picture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts