RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MadMan

calvin07,

Don't cover up the rear end of your Warrior with some long pipes...Show it off!

Samson Shogun Short Slashers!

Mark aka Mad Man
do you lose any power w/ these short pipes?also, do u need an ignition module upgrade & air filter kit too make them work?

·
Registered
216 Posts
^^^What he said?! I love the look of those too! There the pipes I've been eyeing, as well as some of the Hard Krome's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought my warrior in San Antonio and had a Speedstar pipe installed. It sounds great. Not too loud but loud enough when you get on the throttle. Only problem I am seeing is the when they did the re-mapping (said I didn't need Power Commander) it runs rich and until the engine gets to temp, the engine idle is hunting around. It will even turn off when I approach a stop sign or light (at least once after initial startup). I would have expcted better throttle response with fuel injection. Need to get the computer mapped correctly!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
With pipes and air cleaner mods a simple ECU bump is really all you ever need. I own one and I still the the PC111 is over rated. You might gain 1 or 2 horse with one but you'll be losing more than that going to most aftermarket pipes. For me it's mostly about looks. If it was all about power I'd buy a ZX14.
I do really like the Jug Huggers and the Rineharts best looks wise and they both have the stepped header design so performance is pretty respectable. Any of the 2 into 2s are going to sound great on your bike.
P.S I think the 3" pipes make it look like a pickup truck. And they sound goofy.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Like the longshots from Vance and Hines. Put all that nice behind you. Those shorties can get very load on long trips.

Pro pipe for hp gain.

As far as the original, throw it away, you cant give it away on ebay or any othe site.

Welcome.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i am waiting to get my bike back from the dealer for its first service, then i am installing my jug huggers, commander, and churchkeys VBAK. the look of these pipes are awesome very streamline and clean, and the sound is phenomanal.. does anyone have a suggestion on which map to use for this set up it would be much appreciated.....

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I do! You can get them to scrape but the contributing factors are many mostly depending on if your suspension is set light, with a passenger and lowered ass end will be big problem. I have the stock spring at MAX, combined with a 260 fat ******* now I need her on the back to scrape them.

I did notice that with the jubhuggers, the throttle grip doubles as a volume knob [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].

quote:Originally posted by adque02

I see alot of you guys talking about the big shots. I'm looking at getting some BUB Jugghuggers, does anyone out there have any experience with Jughuggers on their warrior.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Howdy all. Just put in for the new cowl, mini-windsheld, and a set of saddlebags for my 06' midnight warrior. Now I need opinions for the exhaust. I'm already tired of the hot water heater look, or as my dad calls it the "nascar gas can" and have saw the vance and hines big shots which i am going to purchase this month. My question is this, does anyone make an exhaust that is black, but looks similar to the big shots? I've seen some painted back but wasn't very impressed and I know I'd like to stay away from the 2-in-1 exhaust if I can help it. I guess that's just a personal preference. Any ideas from my fellow warrior modsters would be greatly appreciated!

Safe riding,
Noodleman

·
Registered
184 Posts
Look at the pipes in my Gallery, how can you not like those[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. I'm getting the Speedstar pipe on Monday, It will be painted black on Tues.quote:Originally posted by Noodleman

Howdy all. Just put in for the new cowl, mini-windsheld, and a set of saddlebags for my 06' midnight warrior. Now I need opinions for the exhaust. I'm already tired of the hot water heater look, or as my dad calls it the "nascar gas can" and have saw the vance and hines big shots which i am going to purchase this month. My question is this, does anyone make an exhaust that is black, but looks similar to the big shots? I've seen some painted back but wasn't very impressed and I know I'd like to stay away from the 2-in-1 exhaust if I can help it. I guess that's just a personal preference. Any ideas from my fellow warrior modsters would be greatly appreciated!

Safe riding,
Noodleman

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nevermind, saw your specs and that you had painted your big shots. Did you have this professionally painted? Also, did you notice any discoloration, etc after riding them for a while?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My choice for looks are Jug Huggers, and my choice which I have on my bike are V&H Pro Pipe with competition baffle which has the best performace and much better looks the the CAN.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Walked in the grage after a hard days work. Well actually not hard, anywho. V&H 2-1 gift from my awsome wife. Sounds sweet just did diy BAK and coil relocation the week before. Now got some gone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ok, I see every one talking about VH pro pipes and jug huggers, but what dose every one think of a 2 in 1 sideburner[?]

·
Registered
525 Posts
i pulled off the garbage can today and ran it straight for a while, it was pretty gnarly soundin...mean roar and backfirin. I've narrowed it down to either Bubs Jug Huggers or Samson Rip Saw pipes to clean it up... which way do i go?!?!?!

·
Registered
50 Posts
just completed this install. love the sound and looks. Had a regular washer welded to a 2-1/2" exhaust pipe tip from Auto Zone, then had the unit welded to the stock exhaust. It is quiet at Idle and cruise, but give it a twist, and ....f%&*%@! wakes up the awake!!

Insert Image:

2.01KB

Insert Image:

1.67KB

Insert Image:

44.31KB

41 - 60 of 60 Posts