RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. I'm new here. 50 and not ready to grow up. Are there any good exhaust systems you can put on without putting on a new power commander?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi Welcome, you should really use a power commander with any new aftermarket exhaust to properly remap the fuel/air intake etc.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Actually you can put ANY exhaust system on without a PCiii. Search "ECU adjust"...

I'm running aftermarket exhaust, Big Air kit, and HC pistons - no PC3 - just ECU tweaks.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
quote:Originally posted by BoxercupNowell

RatPhlem, I just looked at your website and your build pictures, very nicely done, BRAVO!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
ram74,

As others have said and others will tell you...You really should install some kind of system that will allow you a adjust the fuel/ignition system on your Warrior, after you install an aftermarket exhaust. Whether it's a Power Commander III or some other model...You'll find that the Power Commander III is just about the best unit out right now.

Anyway you can also try tweaking the stock ECU that is on the Warrior. There is a or a few topics in regard to how to do that somewhere here.

One thing about the Power Commander III is that you can go to the Power Commander website and download maps for the Warrior and install them on your PCIII. Just find a map that is close to the set up that you want or will be getting, and download that map then install it on your PCIII. It's pretty easy and Power Commander provides you with all the software to do it. Plus, you can go to the tech help section, if you have any problems or questions. They have always been very responsive and helpful when I contacted them...

Also if you do go with the PCIII, I highly recommend that you do the "Perfect Install"...It definitely makes a difference...After I did it, my Warrior smoothed out in idle, had a better throttle response and was more crisp. Definitely made the bike run better...

There is a topic in the Technical Discussion section that has complete how-to on completing the "Perfect Install".

Well...Hope I helped and best of luck!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Yes the Powercomander is cool and makes it run cleaner/ crisper but is required by no means, if you want to put an aftermarket exhaust. I ran a speed star air claener and Bigshots for months with the stock ECU settings and it ran just fine. I bumped the ECU a little for K&N filters, and then again with a V-BAK. I have A PCIII on my dresser waiting for it to get cold so I can take my bike down long enough to instal it [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] may not be this week, supposed to be in the 70s all week

1 - 8 of 8 Posts