RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i purchased my bike it already had i believe the are called sub exhuast what the problem is that i had a exhuast leak on the front pipe and so i took it off but i never seen a exhuast this way before this is the first bike i have ever worked on but still from what i could see and get out of it is the pipe comes up turns into the head but then its gota flat plate that i see the pipe its into but no gasket then behid the plate its got a round spacer no gasket that i could see or feel tried to put it back together but dont see how it is suppose to fit back when i bolted it back together you could just pull the pipe staight out it would be sure to leak. I going tommorow to the dealer to see about getting new gaskets and if the had a diagram of it i dont think it would be staight forward since its aftermarket exhuast but any infor please let me know thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
Scott 2004 .... The frt Cyl exhaust is depicted just behind the FWD ARROW in the enclosed parts fiche.

Item 2 is a double faced copper clad gasket approx 1/8" thk. This gasket sits inside the exhaust ports of both cyl's and is sealed by the Flat Face of thehead pipe.Make sure the c'bore in the head is clean and that the old gasket is not stuck to the edge of the head pipe! I use a littlehigh temperature compound on the inside face ofcopper gasket to hold it from falling out of the frt cyl during assembly

Arizona Warrior said:
While this is the stock exhaust, item #1 (etc) is the exhaust flange off the frontrear cylinder. It stays installed no matter what exhaust you have. If this isn't what you are asking about - oops
Oops .... looks like a keying error here or maybe a case of vertigo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts