RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and another Dutch Warrior rider ordered a set of CPH-1120 handlebars from Sinful Cycle Parts and all was good. We got the handlebars in a fair amount of time and the bars look stunning.

Therefore I recommended Sinful Cycle Parts to another Dutch Warrior rider who was in the market for a cool set of handlebars. He ordered the same CPH-1120 handlebars about 3 months ago, paid for it by credit card, but never received the item. At first the salesperson (Bryan Wiley) answered his e-mails and apologized for the delay, telling him that he wanted to send a perfect set of handlebars and that the ones he got in didn't meet the quality standards. However, in the last months he got no response to any of his e-mails or phone calls.

Has anyone had that experience with them? From what I read on the forum, Cruiser Performance has quite a good reputation. That was one of the reasons to go shop with them.

The contact person within Sinful Cycle Parts was Bryan Wiley, who now seems to use an e-mail address of Cruiser Performance. Are those 2 companies related or did he change jobs?

Any comment and/or advice related to this subject is greatly appreciated, since my friend is still waiting for his handlebars.....

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had actually read fairly bad reviews about cruiser performance with a few good ones sprinkled in. As far as sinful parts.....wasn't he selling bars on ebay and on our forums for a while?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Earlier this year, I contacted Brian @ Sinful Cycles and after talking with him I placed an order for two chrome bars. My first mistake was paying in full with my Credit Card even though he mentioned they hadn't been sent to chrome plating but he assured me they would be by the end of the week, and in the mail next week.

About 2 weeks later, I called to find out what was going on with my order. "I got your bars right here, going in the mail tomorrow."

To make a long story short, a couple weeks later I called him wondering where my bars are. My bars that were "right here" were not actually my bars. They were someone elses. "Don't worry, I haven't forgot about yours, I am looking at your name & order on the board right now. Sorry for the delays. My chrome platers are super busy right now."

About 1 1/2 months from the time the order was placed & several attempts of getting ahold of him on the phone, and talking with him probably 5 to 10 times and being told it was the chrome platers fault for the looooooong delay due to them being very busy, I still didn't have my bars. Every conversation ended with the same phrase; "they will be sent out Friday. I am picking up the bars from the platers." I would ask for a tracking number which I never would received. I asked if he could throw in a couple of t-shirts because of the delay, and he said sure. He even asked what sizes.

Still no bars. I finally contacted my C.C. to check my options about disputing the charges since it was coming up on the 60 days deadline for disputing the charges. I called Brian back and told him I would be disputing the charge with my credit card company if I did not receive them by a certain date. He told me he put them in the mail yesterday. I asked about the shirts, and he said he put them in there.

The package arrived, opened the box, no shirts, (not surprised) looked at the bars. Definitely far from show quality, but I also got a good price on them. A few nicks here and there and where the welds are looked the worst. Not sure if its due to a poor weld job, or poor chrome plating process. Both bars had about the same imperfections, but one was more noticeable to the point I would have returned it, but my buddy was ok with it.

After all the B.S. dealing with this clown, I wished I had bought from someone else and paid retail. I figured it wasn't worth the stress of dealing with this dude anymore, so I kept the bars and didn't call him back. Since riding season had started by the time I received the bars, I decided to put the packaging back on them to protect them, and put them on my shelf to be installed in the winter.

WOW, that took entirely WAY to long to type out on my phone. Whew, I need a beer! :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't have much experience to share yet. I ordered a set of bars just last week though so I will be sure to post updates on my experience.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
A few pics of the blemishes. Like I say, Not show quality, but they were a good price. I wish I had pics of the other bars. The blemishes were more noticeable on those ones.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Never had experience with sinful cycle, but have bought two bars from racer2000 which is the link that idontknow provided. The black ones on my bike now are good. I also bought a chrome from him at first but never installed it because I started going a different direction with my bike. I'm going to sell my chrome ones soon. No problems with the black ones an the chrome ones have good chrome as far as I can tell. I haven't look at them lately but I can check the weld on them if needed.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Never had experience with sinful cycle, but have bought two bars from racer2000 which is the link that idontknow provided. The black ones on my bike now are good. I also bought a chrome from him at first but never installed it because I started going a different direction with my bike. I'm going to sell my chrome ones soon. No problems with the black ones an the chrome ones have good chrome as far as I can tell. I haven't look at them lately but I can check the weld on them if needed.
I do believe racer2000=sinful cycle. (Same person)

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
When I 1st joined the 4m a few years ago, I wanted a set of CP bars. I looked up their website and noticed they were in Orange County CA, a few miles from my house. At that time the owner "Brian, I think" was a one man operation. Since I didn't know the pullback or rise I wanted he said sure come on down and take a look. "I've got plenty of blems and 2nd's."

I ended up getting a set of TT bars that same week from a 4m member and never went down to check it out.

As I recall the address was on the web site. Now its not. Also at the time, "Brian" was hard to get a hold of. "Always out to the Chromer"

If somebody knows how to look up a address from a phone number I could drive down there Monday and see whats going on. Not that I could accomplish anything, but at least see whats going on and report back.

This is when we need SemperFit on the scene. I'm sure if he flexed one of those Popeye Fore Arms that would get things rolling. Just kidding! LOL!

G

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Before I ordered, I had read a thread that he had some he was selling. Forum members were buying these up like hotcakes and the reports back that I read people were happy.

I tend to give people benefit of a doubt, and figured maybe I was that one unlucky customer that had a bad experience, so I didn't bother posting on here about my experience. After reading the OP of this thread, I felt I should express my experience. I don't like to hear about my fellow warrior brothers having bad dealings with their purchases.

Dutch, I hope your friend gets his bars soon. Gary, that is a mighty fine offer for you to throw out there. Warrior commodary is second to none!!!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I don't think racer4200 is brian and I have no proof that he is even associated with sinful cyles or with cruiser performance. The guy that I purchased the bars from was a younger person. I didn't have any problems with any of the bars he sold me. "My transaction went smooth,bars look ok" as with rcoligan2. Does anyone know the connection between racer4200 and cruiser performance?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I don't think racer4200 is brian and I have no proof that he is even associated with sinful cyles or with cruiser performance. The guy that I purchased the bars from was a younger person. I didn't have any problems with any of the bars he sold me. "My transaction went smooth,bars look ok" as with rcoligan2. Does anyone know the connection between racer4200 and cruiser performance?
Jbat said in the 2nd page of that sales thread that racer4200 gave him an email to contact him at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
When I 1st joined the 4m a few years ago, I wanted a set of CP bars. I looked up their website and noticed they were in Orange County CA, a few miles from my house. At that time the owner "Brian, I think" was a one man operation. Since I didn't know the pullback or rise I wanted he said sure come on down and take a look. "I've got plenty of blems and 2nd's."

I ended up getting a set of TT bars that same week from a 4m member and never went down to check it out.

As I recall the address was on the web site. Now its not. Also at the time, "Brian" was hard to get a hold of. "Always out to the Chromer"

If somebody knows how to look up a address from a phone number I could drive down there Monday and see whats going on. Not that I could accomplish anything, but at least see whats going on and report back.

This is when we need SemperFit on the scene. I'm sure if he flexed one of those Popeye Fore Arms that would get things rolling. Just kidding! LOL!

G
:D:D Your too much!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Jbat said in the 2nd page of that sales thread that racer4200 gave him an email to contact him at [email protected]
This is correct, I don't know what his real name is but that was racer4200's email and paypal email so obviously he was somehow connected to sinful cycles. I received my bars without issue but he was hard to get ahold of and had to wait sometimes for a while to hear back. Shortly after I dealt with him, members were trying to reach him to get bars and communication was pretty much non-existent, seemed he fell off the grid. Hope all goes well and you can figure out whats up with your missing bars!

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
I found a compouter at work and started to look up some info in Cuiser Performance.
The White Pages "reverse look up" states the "Cruiser Performance Website" number is from Huntington Beach CA. I called and got the Answering Machine. Didn't leave a message.

I then did a search for Cruiser Performance in the white pages for Huntington Beach and got this.
Cruiser Performance

1278 S Lyon St
Santa Ana, CA92705
(714) 542-8423

I called this number and it was disconnected..

BTW Santa Ana and Huntington Beach are next to each other.

I think I will leave a message and see if I can drive down and talk to Brian.

G

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks a million for all your input, gents! I really appreciate this.

Story of my buddy is identical to what Dunecraz described. Alway sexcuses on why the bars were not shipped yet and the promise to get them out on Friday.

But at least there was some kond of communication going on.

It got really annoying by the time he stopped responding to e-mails and was unreachable by phone.

Main question is... Is he still in business or has he stopped?

@1256day... If it's not too much trouble for you to check if he's still in business, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Wow, I guess I had good luck. I called them (Cruiser Performance) directly 2 years ago, and told them what I can get my CP1120's in black powder for on the web. He then beat my lowest quote by another 30 bucks and gave me free shipping. The bars got to me in 5 days and looked good. They were a pia to internally wire, but whatever. Sorry to here about all your trouble. Sux when you spend your money and dont get your merch.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts