RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen lots of replacment pulley covers, but I am wondering if anyone makes a pulley cover that simply exposes the drive pulley for the belt drive. I guess I am looking for one that is cnc machined etc that exposes the drive pulley/belt and such. Does anyone make something like this?
Thanks,
-peter

·
Registered
421 Posts
SeaWeed, interesting idea you have. I wonder if you took the stock cover and cut the center out. would that achieve what you are looking for? How safe and pratical would that mod be? mostly concerned about any additional maintenance issues related with exposing the pulley. Post some pics when you get this done.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Wow - interesting enough, I can comment on this. I just went through cutting the CRAP out of the stock outer pulley casing and IT DOES NOT WORK. I knew when it started that it wasn't going to be what I wanted, but I thought I would give it a try.
If you look at the outer casing up close (from the backside) you will see that the cover isn't flat - there are multiple "posts" for lack of a better word. When you cut out the center, these posts have to be cut in half lengthwise (from top to bottom)...which leaves a very rough edge that looks horrible.
If you try to grind these down, you increase the "space" between the pulley and the outer cover by almost 1/2" which then looks like too much vacant space.

If you truly want the exposed pulley look and you want it to look right, drop the $180 on the Phat Performance Parts website and get the pulley casing that is designed to work this way. Give me about 2 days and you can see mine - it should be arriving tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
IF cutting out the stock pulley cover you need a 6" hole to remove the locating tabs but as Bartender Sammy pointed out there is a gap between the case & the pulley. The inside or the case & area behind it can be painted flat black & the pulley polished for an acceptable look. I ran mine this way for some time until I decided I needed to make a custom cover to expose the pulley. Check gallery pic.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys. I had though about cutting the stock cover but did not due to the reasons mentioned above. I was thinking of making one out of 1/4" aluminum but am still looking around. I will be interested to see the cover Bartender sammy has as it looks to be the barons cover. I have never seen the barons cover minus the pulley cover but this could be what I am looking for.
-peter

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Well, as I sit here right now...I am waiting on my casing. Should have been here already - was supposed to arrive yesterday or today. ****.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts