RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the notification (4 years $768.00).
Question is...is it worth it? I have an '05 with 10K miles.
I am concerned with the terms stating "damage due to alteration, modification (on a Warrior? **** no!) or use not recommended by Yamaha" as well as the need to keep a maintenance log (which they may not deem as credible since I do my own).

I have the BAK and aftermarket pipes (who doesn't) so would I void the warranty right off the bat?

Is it really worth it? I mean $200/year isn't a lot, but I can think of better things to do with it.

Bring it on RSW bro's!![/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Its agaist the law for them to not deem it as credible as long as you can show receits for the service. The same goes for the first service. Personally I would not buy it on a street bike because of the mod bug and they rarely malfunction after the first year bugs are out. However the crankshaft problem could get expensive..The best way to get aroung mods is to ask your dealer if it voids the warranty and have them put it in writing.. Then if yamaha says no you have the dealership to fall back on.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Nope, if something happens, they'd just say it a modification or that you were driving it beyond it's "limits", dont waste the money

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
depends on your dealer.... mine said basic mods wont void my warrenty pipes, power commander etc... he said anything that goesinto the motor (heads, cams, big bore) would void the warrenty unless they did the work....

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
I had it tried to get my money back, never could, then my bike had melt downs from the dealer problems, and it helped me in the long run. Yamaha ate $2000 in bills because I could use the fact I had the warrenty. It helped me but you don't have a recall to worry about. Also I always put my bike back to stock when it went it in to keep any questions away. Also my dealer told in my "bill" when they put pistons in on the last tear down, that a PC3 was required because Yamaha had nothing to take out the lean, on the bottom end.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I think it's a waste of money. These things are pretty rock solid dependable. I've been riding mine for 40,000kms like It's on fire. Not a hiccup.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input fellas! I'm tend to be with you Meatball & Dice. The bike is rock solid (under all kinds of conditions) and I may as well save the $$ and go for a major mod when, and if, anything ever happens.
Dealing with all of the BS with a mfg. doesn't seem worth it.
After all, it's still a new bike!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
In my car experience the only time the extended warranty is of any value is on resale. The new buyer is impressed and gets some comfort from it. Otherwise I think most of these babies are "rock solid dependable" too.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
"Rock Solid"..... Aren't you guys reading the posts? This is no miracle machine. Lots of parts fail. Some of them repeatedly. Many of them expensive. Also, if you run it hard, things are gonna break. Somethings may fail even if you baby it. Lifters, belts, pulleys, middle shafts, lots of things. I know what you're thinking. How many things? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow guys are you for real?
Heres the skinny on warranty. Most dealers will say that if you change something from factory specs you will void the warranty but they are misleading you. Your warranty cannot be Voided unless they can prove that your mod caused the failure in question.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Like I said before, my extended warranty paid for my motel, phone calls, and gas for my jeep and trailer to go pick up my repaired Warrior after my crank positioning sensor went TU 100 miles away from home. I paid $690 for the 4 year extension (they do negotiate the price) and one incident paid me almost $150. With all the sophisticated electronics, FI, etc., I just feel better with the extra warranty even though the Warrior seems bullet proof for the most part.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
quote:Originally posted by skycop

Like I said before, my extended warranty paid for my motel, phone calls, and gas for my jeep and trailer to go pick up my repaired Warrior after my crank positioning sensor went TU 100 miles away from home. I paid $690 for the 4 year extension (they do negotiate the price) and one incident paid me almost $150. With all the sophisticated electronics, FI, etc., I just feel better with the extra warranty even though the Warrior seems bullet proof for the most part.

preach on brotha man, the peace of mind is worth the cost alone.... 5 years, unlimited miles!!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'd take the $760.00 and put it in an account. Sit on it for 4 years. If something goes wrong, use it. If nothing goes wrong, I can see quite a few mods coming from it.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, live dangerously (kinda like riding, huh?) and roll the bonze!! I'm gonna keep the bike for a loonngg time, so the resale isn't an issue. I thank all the members for their input. No go for Faff-O!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts