RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer completed the tranny recall two weeks ago. This week I put my Warrior back in the shop because of a strong odor of gasoline while the engine is running and a "tic tic tic" like a tappet noise. The dealer said I probably had a defective "rollover" valve?? causing the system not to vent properly, and the noise was probably an exhaust leak. I had no prior problems. Seems like buying an extended warranty might be advisable.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm wondering about this too. I am one of the few (it seems) that hasn't done any engine mods. What kind of experience have other had with Y-E-S ? Would I rather spend the money on something else? Sure, but...

·
Registered
260 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DEEtroitWarrior

I'm wondering about this too. I am one of the few (it seems) that hasn't done any engine mods. What kind of experience have other had with Y-E-S ? Would I rather spend the money on something else? Sure, but...

The warrior I purchased came with YES and does not expire til 8/09. According to the policy, that in order for it to be transfered, I have to get it inspected by a Yamaha dealer. Before I bring it to them and spend $86 for inspection. Will mods like slip-on and Baron AIS block off kit that is already installed in the bike voids the warranty?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Y-E-S Might be a good idea if you plan to keep the bike for long. My V-Star just spun a starter clutch at 75kmiles. More than 600 American, just for the parts. I think that would have paid for the Y-E-S right there.

Yamaha parts prices jumped up about 20% in the last few months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts