RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when I started my bike up to come home from work, it made a ticking sound, couldnt tell where. Thought something was vibrating. Today I started it at work and I was like wtf is that noise. Found that my hardKrome front headpipe was cracking about 4" from the head. This pipe was fixed last year about 6" from the head. Had to get it recoated and everything. I was so pissed, the poor Warrior got a workout on the way home, further cracking the pipe. I've heard chevettes sound better:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:mad::mad::mad:
Now to buy a WELL MADE 2into1 that wont friggin break. Going to call DaleWalker tomorrow, hopefully he has a complete system sitting on the shelf (yea right)

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Had the same issue with Samsons after 2 years. I will not buy another exhaust from them EVER after they tried to sell me a replacement system for $50 off list. They were selling for $200 under list at the time.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
So... Call Pacific Coast Star and get the Monster-Pro!!!! Join the loud and proud crew with no scraping issues either!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He still had one or two complete systems on the shelf a couple months ago when I bought my slip on from him for mine.
Question for anyone running his complete system or the slip on
How is the sound/noise level. I DONT WANT QUIET. I like my exhaust to be on the louder side. That was the only thing about my HK's, they had a great sound/sound level

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here is a link to some sound clips of the full system http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/10-warrior-pics-vids/170460-short-clips-hear-my-holeshot.html as far as the slip on it is pretty tame at idle gets loud when you are on the gas and then quiets back down (but still louder than stock) at cruising speed. I have his full system on my vmax, incredible power gains and it has about the same sound characteristics. Dale has built his systems to enhance the entire power band vs just one segment of it so there are baffles in there otherwise you loose back pressure which leads to holes in the power band. I haven't heard the full system on the warrior first hand but from what I have read and the sound clips think they get fairly loud when you are on the gas. One thing about the muffler on the full system is that it is a custom supper trapp, so you can add or remove plates to decrease back preasure which in turn increases sound level plus it comes with an end plate which has an open end further increasing the sound level. I have had supper traps on other vehicles and it is easy to remove the fiberglass from the can which you could do to bring up the decibels some more. I don't think either will be as loud as open pipes but bet you get better performance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts