RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to take my bike in for the recall work. Are there any mods I should really think about having the dealer do while they have my bike tore down? The dealer told me they will only install factory upgrade parts, like stage 4 parts, etc. So Installing a bigbore kit is out, but how about a clutch spring upgrade kit or ???

Thanks, Glen

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Wildthang try the search feature. This topic has been beat to death. Short answer any stage IV stuff you can afford will save you a lot of labor. 2nd road star 5th gear.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Glen, Find another dealer to do the recall and mods that you want and can afford. It is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

John

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I called back the Dealership and told the service manager that I was going to look for a performance oriented Yamaha dealer. He would only install Yamaha SS parts and wanted full retail on parts, plus 4 hours labor for high comp pistons and a clutch spring kit. I can understand trying to make some cash on parts, but the 4 hours seems like a scam to me!!! I mean they are already going to be a little ahead, because I have scrapped all kinds of little parts they will get paid to R&R. (AirBox, Smog, Exhaust, etc.)

Glen

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The other top tip is to really carefully check out that your dealer is capable of doing the work. I had the following criteria for getting my recall work done:

- the technician doing the recall must have performed at least 1 other Warrior recall
- the technician doing the recall must be an experienced, top mechanic (no trainees thankyou)
- the dealer must be willing to do performance extras for sensible money (4 hours for pistons is a crock of S$%^)
- the dealer can answer in depth questions about what the recall work entails
- the dealer don't mind being asked in depth questions about the recall operation

I had to drive quite a way to find a good dealer but in the end having the top technician payed off as I had no problems at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts