RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen at least two bikes with fender stay bolt extensions. I know the DarkStar bike has them. I've searched for them without exact results. I assume they are used to bungee stuff to the pass seat with out scratching the paint or using the Hooker. Are these after market or custom? If you've got them would you help me out and let me know what you used. Thanks!

·
Registered
295 Posts
whajac,

I'm guessing that you are seeing the bolts used for the Easy Brackets and possibly Ghost Bracket system's. The bolts come with kits.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
That is what you are seeing . A metal plate with a "keyhole" setup that bolts to rigid bags comes with those. You can then have bags when needed and in 1 minute they pop off leaving what you saw on Darkstar's bike.

The kit is about $140 at www.cruisercustomizing.com Look for EasyBrackets.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
You could be refering to bungie studs. Fender Stay bolts with an extended head. I've seen them on bikes although I haven't used them. They look pretty handy.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
You also might check out The Hooker. It fits under the passenger seat and has d-rings on it for bungee cords etc.
http://www.classiccruiser.com/webapp.asp

·
Registered
394 Posts
Not sure if this is what you are referring too.http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=EMGO-NETNUTS I got 2 pairs of these the other day and they work fine!!!. The size for the nuts is 8mm x 1.25mm then just get longer bolts at your local hardware store.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ditto, got mine from JC Whitney $5.00 a pair got two. then got some some stainless 8mm.x 1.25pitch x 30mm. long and screwed them in from the inside, got the idea from some members on this wonderful site works like a charm. They screw right onto the bolts.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I love my easy brackets. More for the bungee points that for hanging bags off of. The bag part works great too, but I rarely use them (my bags look fugly on my bike, imo). And yes, just to confirm, that is what you are seeing on Ed's bike.

Insert Image:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts