RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well I got to ride my bike today with the 26" front wheel. It rides about the same as the 21" wheel but when I'm slow turning the top weight of wheel will fall into the turn, just have to be aware. When I shaved off the back of the calipers to clear the spokes and removed the pistons I converted them to float I thought I was going to loose braking power but I didn't, it still stops like it did before. Photos of shaved calipers and modified pins so they float.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Bro your Warrior looks [email protected] sick...

Cool that you got a ride in...

The issue with that front wheel is more or less normal..
Got buddies that have a wheel that big on there Harley's and they have same issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
26" Front Wheel

Well it turns out my 26" front tire was making contact with the bottom tree. So I ordered 2" fork extension but there wrong. I've been out of commission for 3 month due to quadruple bypass surgery but now I'm well enough to work on my bike. I couldn't find any extension that were correct. So I'm going to replace the fork tubes! So what I found out is the tubes on the Warrior are a little over 20 inches long, the fork tubes on the R1 are 21 inches long BUT the fork tubes on the Triumph 675 Daytona are a little over 22 inches so I ordered a set off Ebay! Updates well fallow.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Well it turns out my 26" front tire was making contact with the bottom tree. So I ordered 2" fork extension but there wrong. I've been out of commission for 3 month due to quadruple bypass surgery but now I'm well enough to work on my bike. I couldn't find any extension that were correct. So I'm going to replace the fork tubes! So what I found out is the tubes on the Warrior are a little over 20 inches long, the fork tubes on the R1 are 21 inches long BUT the fork tubes on the Triumph 675 Daytona are a little over 22 inches so I ordered a set off Ebay! Updates well fallow.
I have the 2" extensions that came from a set of Mortons 7 degree trees that i bought from someone years ago if you are interested. I think i paid $45 for them. They would also work for whoever might want clip on bars. I'd have to dig them out of my garage.:)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts