RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just got his transmission recall done. He got the Road Star 5th gear and doesn't see any difference. What should his RPM's be at 80 mph? He thinks the dealer screwed him. Any suggestions what he should do if they did? I know this has probally been asked and answered before, but thanks for your help anyway.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
It should be about 250 less rpm witha 33 pulley from a roadstar however. Metric has a mod on it do the search

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I say....at 3k RPM the speedo shows about 80MPH but he's actually going around 88MPH. IMO the speedo is about 10% slower with the 5th gear swap.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
There is a definate drop in rpms and it was noticable to me the first time I shifted into 5th, and still noticable to this day. Off the top of my head, I think 357 is right, 3k at 80mph. Did your friend get his old 5th gear back? I did when mine was done.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
tell him to constantlty drive through radar traps at the posted speed as indicated on his speedometer. If he never gets a ticket, he's not got the roadie 5th gear in. Ride next to him and if your bike says 65 and his says 55 and you're really going 60, he's got the roadie 5th gear

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
The difference should be noticable, as Sangathor said, I noticed the diference when I picked up my bike and still do today. take a stocker out and run her at 80, and then yours. If there is no difference, u got screwed.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
With stock gearing the warrior does just about exactly 3k RPM at 80 mph. Your friend should be turning about 200 rpm less than that. Not a huge diference but enough he should notice. From the way people go on about it around here your friend might be expecting too much. But I don't put anything past most dealers either. Maybe they ordered the wrong gear (stock?) and installed it by mistake????

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
The thing you will notice is that you are now going more than the speed limit when your speedometer says you are going the speed limit. It's just the opposite with stock 5th gear. You'll also notice that the miles going onto your odometer are considerably lower than before. This odometer issue should be obvious the first time you check your fuel milage after running a tank out and being ticked off that your milage now SUCKS!(worse than before). But it doesn't really suck, you've just gone between nearly 20% more miles than your odometer says you went.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I had the bike out last night for a chilly little rip, maybe my last for the season [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif], but I had a chance to check my rpms/speed. I was at 3k rpm and doing 75mph indicated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts