RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pickings have been pretty slim around Houston lately. Either the bikes were overpriced or the owners had trouble telling the truth about tip over damage & engine problems. Global Motorsports, a little Mom & Pop dealership near me, had this clean purple '04 & dropped the price to a point I couldn't walk away from. I've got a couple questions that a search will likely answer but I'll ask anyway.

Can anyone ID the pipes & are there baffles available? (There should be pictures attached)

Do I need the Power Commander installation CD? I've downloaded all the maps but the installation software is not available for download.

On a completely unrelated note, UPS dropped off my new Alvarez guitar this afternoon. It's gonna be a late night!

Insert Image:

63.79KB

Insert Image:

76.5KB

Insert Image:

63.68KB

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
TX_Blue1,

It's NOT purple...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Welcome to the forums...And to try and answer your questions...

Can't say what the pipes are...Look like Bub Jug Huggers...

No...You don't need the PC install disc...Go to:

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_general_downloads.aspx

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Download" button for the Complete Software Install Version.

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Hi TX, welcome to the site Bro, nice Blue (purple) Warrior there, you might want to consider losing the tyre information label off the swingarm. Enjoy the Forums.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by MadMan

TX_Blue1,

It's NOT purple...[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Welcome to the forums...And to try and answer your questions...

Can't say what the pipes are...Look like Bub Jug Huggers...

No...You don't need the PC install disc...Go to:

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_iii_usb/powercommander_general_downloads.aspx

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Download" button for the Complete Software Install Version.

Mark aka Mad Man

The dealer called it "Blurple"

Thanks for the link, The Warrior page only has a note saying "available soon" or something like that.

The stickers are coming off soon, it still has the orange warning on the tank. Rear seat is removed & I'll get some plugs today. The ugly Yamaha foot pegs are going to be replaced with kuryakyn controls. Looks like they will fit the FZ1. A BAK is in the future.

Plenty of mods to do, limited funds. Elbow grease is still free though.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
quote:Originally posted by TX_Blue1

The dealer called it "Blurple"

Thanks for the link, The Warrior page only has a note saying "available soon" or something like that.

The stickers are coming off soon, it still has the orange warning on the tank. Rear seat is removed & I'll get some plugs today. The ugly Yamaha foot pegs are going to be replaced with kuryakyn controls. Looks like they will fit the FZ1. A BAK is in the future.

Plenty of mods to do, limited funds. Elbow grease is still free though.

TX_Blue1,

"Blurple!?" That's funny!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

You're welcome! Find you the best map that works with your set up in the Map Section. I downloaded all the maps and tried several different ones before I find the one that worked best for my set up.

Yea! Definitely lose the stickers, rear seat, passenger pegs and clean up the rear fender. Gee! All those lights and reflectors look like the Las Vegas strip...[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] Lose the front reflectors, as well...

And lower the rear...I personally think the Warrior looks best when the rear is lowered.

And may be look into getting some different mirrors...

You definitely got a nice bike to start out with...[^]

MIDNIGHT WARRIORS RULE!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Seeing yours brings back memeories of the brginning. Congrats and welcome aboard!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts