RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Well done, congrats. A little flutter off the line and you still did the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
676 Posts
WTG, I bet your ego is zooming. I know mine would be. Did I notice a slight wheelie there at take off. I’ve lifted mine a little bit giving her too much at the traffic lights lol😎😎🐝

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What was your dial in?
And of course how big was the purse?
Big time congrats broski.
QUARTER FINAL
Dial in: 13.00
Reaction: .1901
60': 1.8159
ET: 13.1544
MPH: 97.72
Finish margin: .0712
Off dial: .1544

Competitor
Dial in: 12.60
Reaction: .1128
60': 1.9200
ET: 12.9029
MPH: 102.02
Off dial: .3029
When I got into the traps, I looked over and didn't see my competitor, so I let off the throttle about half right before the finish line. Otherwise my ET would have been a bit quicker.

SEMI FINAL
Dial in: 13.00
Reaction: .1131
60': 1.7727
ET: 13.1285
MPH: 98.02
Off dial: .1266

Competitor
Dial in: 10.65
Reaction: -.0613 red light
60': 1.7435
ET: 10.9501
MPH: 122.32
Finish margin: .0028
Off dial: .3001

On the final, a co-racer sauntered over to me and half-whispered "Hey, I know he's having trouble with his clutch. Dial down and go full out." So I dropped it by only .02 for a 12.98 as the Warrior was running about 13.10s where it normally does. So I wasn't really worried about breaking out.
FINAL
Dial in: 12.98
Reaction: .1168
60': 1.7683
ET: 13.0885
MPH: 98.77
Finish margin: .0889
Off dial: .1085

Competitor
Dial in: 9.80
Reaction: .1508
60': 1.5572
ET: 9.9634
MPH: 130.70
Off dial: .1634
I've lost many, many races to this bike. But now there's a different owner and he's still working on figuring it out. And the previous owner was racing his new bike in Sturgis, otherwise I 'm sure I would have lost to him - again.

Seven bikes were racing that day at $65 for Pro Bike entry. My winning was $200. :D

On a side note, on my first Time Trial I did my burnout in second gear to save on the motor. Pulled up to staging lights, yellows lights dropped and . . . I bogged. I forgot to downshift back to first! BAH!
Second Time Trial I missed second to third gear - twice! So I parked the bike and took a long walk to the other side of the track. Sat on some empty fuel barrels and contemplated. "OK, you screwed up twice now. That's out of the way. For the rest of the day just go out and race. Relax. Have fun. Just concentrate on the mechanics of shifting. Don't worry about cutting a good light, don't worry about ET or even winning. Have fun!!!"
My third Time Trial was pretty standard for me. And I just kept not worrying about it, just ran my races. My reactions weren't the best, I've done better - but I've done a lot worse, too. My first 60' was slow, but I was happy because I won in the first round. More often than not, I lose in the first round. I was delighted to advance the second round, but sorry my competitor red lighted - he's my pit buddy. And I had no illusion of winning the last race, **** I would be happy to get another second place. But then I . . . WON? Shocked and happy at the same time.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
WTG, I bet your ego is zooming. I know mine would be. Did I notice a slight wheelie there at take off. I’ve lifted mine a little bit giving her too much at the traffic lights lol😎😎🐝
Actually, I was in a bit of a shock as I wasn't expecting to even get past the first round, let alone take it all. But yeah, I was indeed walking on cloud 9.

I don't know about doing a wheelie, but it's entirely possible. Check this one out! 😁:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Seriously though, I don't usually do wheelies. Getting too old and maybe a bit scared to risk it. When you get old you don't heal as fast. Anyway, about a month ago,the Warrior's starter died and while waiting for a replacement, I raced the only other bike I had - a 2007 Honda VTX1800f. On my first Time Trial, the yellows dropped and I took off. And did a slow and easy wheelie. It went up smooth and went down smooth. I was so impressed thinking, "Wow, that was hella cool! Not scary at all!" that I didn't notice that I had long since hit the rev limiter. The VTX was yelling at me, "SHIFT DAMMIT, SHIFT!". Oh, oh yeah, sorry. Later I lost in the first round so ran some Test & Tune runs to practice some more. I did another big wheelie (for me, at least) and a couple of smaller ones that day.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what time do you run with the VTX?
Actually it was very close to what the Warrior runs with maybe a slightly higher MPH. 13.10s or so. I was kind of disappointed. More CCs, more HP, more torque (1795 , 97 and 156) But thinking about it later, street tires, all stock, unfamiliar compared to the Warrior and more weight (730).

I have a funny story about racing the VTX. I had lost in the first round - why does that sound so familiar? Anyway, I lost so I decided to get in as many Test and Tunes as I could. On my 5th Test & Tune, I was doing a burnout, and the back end started to wag back and fourth. Not a lot and not a big deal. Except when it moved left one time, I lost my footing on my right. So there I am, suddenly trying to hold up a 730 pound motorcycle leaning at a 45° angle and I pull my hamstring. No way I was getting it back up while straddling it, so I dismounted it, on the right side. That felt weird.

Facing the bike, I tried to upright it. Not happening. So I turned around and put my back to it, squatted and tried to lift it. It sort of was working except my hammie wasn't having it. Finally one of the track staff (high school kid) trotted over and helped me get it all the way up. I got back on and realized that I had killed the engine, probably by dropping the clutch when I dropped the bike. Good thing when you think about it. So I tried to be quick and start it and . . . nothing. From past experience with dropping the Warrior in a parking lot, I turned the bike off and back on again. Fired up just fine. I rolled forward, did my Test & Tune run and as soon as I got back to the pits, immediately put the VTX on the trailer. Limped for a good two weeks after that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts