RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda excited.. this is the first legitimate post i feel comfortable posting in here! Its only been about 2 years but i finally got the manifold made and the turbo hanging on the bike. The shocks and brakes are from the first generation r1. I didnt feel like having any more forward lean than i already have to deal with. I also installed the barnett but i neglected to get a picture before i put the cover on. - you all know what they look like anyway!
I dont have a goodpicture of the turbo oil drain on here but i have installed a "T" into the oil tank inlet pipe as you can see in the second picture below.. Ive been deliberating the oil drainage situation. i will have to use a scavenge pump for the turbo drain in order to use this "T" that i have installed. I didnt stop to think with the level of the turbo and the drainage tube, it will fill before the oil tank does up on startup, which would be very bad. So for now if i cant afford a scavenge pump, ill just be welding a fitting onto one of the pushtod tubes. The FX monster's drain seemed to be a really good idea but i didnt want to be putting holes in the case.

Ill post some more pics as soon as i get that downpipe and exhaust situated!

Pics. of the front end and the turbo hanging.. if you check out the rest of my photobucket there are a couple dozen more shots of the manifold in its stages.
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/redlinefidelity9/?action=view&current=0224091715a.jpg (another pre adjustment pic)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/redlinefidelity9/0224091716.jpg (notice the gap on the rear header... yea. This was before the "adjustment")
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/redlinefidelity9/0224091713a.jpg (finished product)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Another turbo Warrior, nice!

To post pics into your post just click the tree icon (Insert/Edit Image) and enter the target URL of the picture (not the page link) and change the dimensions to be small enough to fit the post window and click insert. Like so...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just one question. Why? Do you drag race this bike at a track? Or is this for going 0-100mph really fast on a public road?

·
Administrator
30,097 Posts
Because he can. Like climbing a mountain. Plus its cool as he!!.

I didn't go turbo because I didn't see the benefit to getting from zero to 125 a few seconds faster that the bike will do anyway. But every time I see one of the creations I realize I should have done it when it was still do-able. Its just too cool looking and its functional. Very nice project, get busy and finish the mod!

Scoper50 said:
Just one question. Why? Do you drag race this bike at a track? Or is this for going 0-100mph really fast on a public road?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scoper50 said:

Yes as AZ answered for me there, because i can... You cant tell me youve never done 0-100 on a public road, now seriously..?! I dont drag race on public roads, no. Personally ive never even had a reason to get on the strip till now either. Another reason.... Because i want it to be more fun and make it more of my own creation!

mdfd - yea i was curious to find out that one myself... im thinking some good header wrap and a turbo boot will suffice for now until i can afford to jet hot everything.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
aznwrr said:
No riding with shorts!!

haha.. yea,i wouldnt be caught dead on a bike with shorts (again).I learned mylesson inthe 100* weather in myrtle beach last year,i didnt want to change into jeans....Bad Idea..l now i gottanice scar to remind me. hmmm. seering hot chrome!

A little update, i just received my rear housing flange for the exhaust portion. Going to run 2.5" pipe to cover up the stock muff mounting holesand an external wastegate that will be mounted on the turbo itself. If anyone iscurious to knowim running a stockmitsubishi td05h-16g froma mitsu eclipse. Oil lines, wastegate, and the intercooler piping should be here in about 2-3 weeks! i cant wait to fire this thing up...

·
Registered
42 Posts
chris umber said:
aznwrr said:
No riding with shorts!!

haha.. yea,i wouldnt be caught dead on a bike with shorts (again).I learned mylesson inthe 100* weather in myrtle beach last year,i didnt want to change into jeans....Bad Idea..l now i gottanice scar to remind me. hmmm. seering hot chrome!

A little update, i just received my rear housing flange for the exhaust portion. Going to run 2.5" pipe to cover up the stock muff mounting holesand an external wastegate that will be mounted on the turbo itself. If anyone iscurious to knowim running a stockmitsubishi td05h-16g froma mitsu eclipse. Oil lines, wastegate, and the intercooler piping should be here in about 2-3 weeks! i cant wait to fire this thing up...

Looking good, this is the next mod that i want to do on my bike, what are you doing for fuelling.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Are you going to run an intercooler setup?? That would be off the hook!!

Anyway...I bet you re itching to finish up and hit the streets looking for a victim and give them a shot at the title!

·
Registered
60 Posts
YOU DONT NEED A SCAVENGER PUMP THE WARRIOR HAVE ONE, THE WARRIOR OIL PUMP IS SCAVENGER AND SECOND YOU CAN WELD AN NPT FITTING TO THE GENERATOR COVER TO PLACE A RETURN LINE FROM THE TURBINE...TAKE CARE

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
hey chris , just caught the post ,the pics are great and its cool to see you are so stoaked up about the turbo, i will be into mine when i get just a few more things together for the fuel management, we have talked about some of that suff, im with you on the race on the street thing,who cares if it makes 300 hp that isnt the intention . the intention is to make some decent manageable power that you can actually use and not hurt the motor. alot of people dont realize it will and can help fuel milage also. the neat thing isit looks 300 mph not even running,and there is no way to tell if it is setup for 2lbs of boost or 20 lbs of boost until you ride with someone that wants to know how much boost,lol btk572

·
Registered
42 Posts
What kind of ponies are you guys expecting this to make at the rear wheel? The turbo will definatley help with mileage, the motor just does not work at hard. How many lbs of boost is planned?

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
dont know everyone elses desire but im only looking to make about 5-7 lbs and i would think it would be good for about 30-40 hpand live very well . the nice thing is the it doesnt need refilled like nos and only boosts when you open the trottle all the way, until then it is just a next to stock warrior with a slightly raised torque level because the turbo still feeds air in better then vacumn draws it in , that is the part that helps the milage figure. the way im building my kit it will be very low priced and can be upgraded easy, but wont be 5k plus to buy. if the base boost is left alone it will live many years or miles unless someone gets carried away with the boost level. hope this helps let me know if you want to look into one , thanks btk572

1 - 20 of 29 Posts