RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been coming to this forum every now and then for that past three years and finally did it. I've always loved the looks of the warrior but have never rode run until this past Saturday. It all started cause my girlfriend kept complaining about the passenger seat of a 93' 600cc Honda VLX that I had. So on Saturday I took her in to see how she felt on this stunning new 06' warrior they had on the floor. Three hours later I was taking my first fide on the beast. From that day forward I've had a silly smile on face that hasn't left. The power of this thing is absolutely amazing. Well, my girlfriend is much happier and so am I.

·
Registered
256 Posts
welcome aboard, I hope Yamaha can keep up with the demand. It looks like everybody is buying the warrior, glad I got mine when I did.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx guys…it's great knowing that with the bike comes a wonderful community of knowledgeable owners. This forum was definitely a motivating factor in the purchase. Today I picked up a lower cowl for the bike. Tomorrow I am going to cover the opening of the cowl with a metal mesh. I came across the instructions on Redhorse's website. My next focus will be removing the extra CA smog canister. AIS blockoff I think it's called. Any suggestions with this is greatly appreciated. Once again thx for the welcome and drive safe.

http://users.adelphia.net/~redhorse/quick_mods.htm

·
Registered
356 Posts
The AIS block off is one of the easier mods. Takes a little time, but not too bad . Either pick up the Baron's kit or DIY with 1/8" aluminum sheeting and some vacuum plugs from the auto parts store. Redhorse's site has very detailed instructions. Much better than what you'll get if you order a kit. Just make sure that when you re-install the dry breaks, they "click" into place.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts