RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Warrior owner here. I want to get pipes...my favorite looking pipes are the jug huggers, but here are my concerns:

I've heard people say they restrict ground clearance. I can't have that, I won't be lowering my Warrior and one of the biggest reasons I bought it was for its handling. Do the Jug Huggers limit lean angle to the right?

Are there other similar, short duals that don't inhibit lean angle?

As far as sound, I want louder pipes, but not ridiculously loud. I want a pipe that makes a "rumble", not a "blat" sound, if you know what I mean?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
They will scrape if you have your bike lowered. If you dont plan to lower your bike, it shouldn't be much of an issue. Any pipe will scrape if you lean enough. It really comes down to your riding style.

If you are worried about scraping, you may want to go with a set of Kickers or a set of Big Shots.

Dave

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I Installed samson pipes but needed them muffled because the Ausie regulations etc (cops love me to much to make involuntary donation's to the system). Now they have the bark without the scream. Bout the part of scraping, did this already, and due to the fact of the low style bike.. I don't think you get away from that. Good luck finding your right pipes though

·
Registered
68 Posts
I could go on forever about this topic so I'll make it short. Go with the Jug Huggers. They look and sound awesome. As far as ground clearance, I have yet to have a problem...my foot pegs drag, but my pipes dont.

But then again, my bike isn't lowered...yet.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I've had Jug Huggers and scraped them, I have had Big Shots and scraped them and scraped my Pro Pipe before. The biggest difference being, I have been known to fold the pegs up in the curves but if you use your scrappers on the bottom of your pegs as guides they should all be OK and at worst case crank your spring just a little. By the way of all the pipes I have run, the Huggers are my fav. for sound and looks.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Johnfrcal,

I have the Samson Shogun Short Slasher pipes on my Warrior and it's lowered, and I haven't had a problem with them scraping. My mini-floorboards scrape before anything else...As for loud...Oh Yeah! Samson's are LOUD...But they sound good...I have installed a set of Hard Chrome HP-Plus baffles in my pipes and it kind of quieted the pipes down a bit. If you want to hear them with the baffles installed...Go here:

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n156/MadMan64/Hot%20Rod%20Show%202007/?action=view&current=MyWarriorSoundClip.flv

As for looks...ENUFF SAID!!

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Jug Huggers sound awesom! Jug Huggers look awesom! They are deep and not too loud. My friend has Hard Krome on his Star, and they have that "Blat" sound, he now wants Jug Huggers. I don't know about clearance, no problems yet, but not lowered. Samsons looks great too.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have slightly modified big shots and I get a ton of coments on how great they sound and that they sound better than most other bikes including HDs I can Email you a sound track if you like.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Exhausts have different personalities.Look and sound and performance just might not match your personality. There will have to be a compromise, and you may just end up trying a few exhausts before you find the one YOU like. I started with a slip on, then got S* pipes, and i know I'm not done yet. Come to terms with the fact that you might buy more than one exhaust.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
My Jug Huggers sound deeper and better with the Big City Thunder Monster Baffles in them. If you read around a bit, you'll find they come highly recommended by everybody.

I never had a problem with scraping my pipes until I lowered the rear 1" (Progressive Suspension spring/shock unit), now they scrape on righties too easy, especially when 2 up. So now, I have to replace them, don't know with what yet.

Speaking of pipes, do us all a good deed and check out the thread on the Vance and Hines Big Radius pipes. In case you're not aware, we're petioning V&H to try and get them to make this pipe for the Warrior.

If they do, it'll be another great option for you.

Oh, and welcome to the forum![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts