RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my 65T rear pulley today. Man, that was a pain in the a$$. Then again, I've learned a lot about how my Warrior is put together.

I had found (with some forum help) a nice chromed aluminum HD 65T pulley. I drilled the holes. Drilled out the holes at 15/32, and found that they didn't want to slip right on. So, back to the drill press with 31/64, and voila! Perfect fit.

Got everything back together, and took her for a test drive.

Heard some strange noises after a couple miles. Took it back home and found that I had not tightened the bolts to the lower belt guard, and it had dropped down and was rubbing the belt. Removed it. Everything good now.

So, I've tried just about all the variations on the front and rear pulley. I tried 31/70, 32/70 (stock), 33/70, and now 32/65. I loved the uumph that the 31 front gave the bike, but the highway revs were just too much. The 33/70 was pretty good. If I hadn't ordered everything for the 65T mod, I would probably have stayed with the 33/70. Out of all of them, I like the 32/65 the best. It still comes off the line without feeling like 2nd gear, and highway revvs are much better. Will be installing a Churchkey VBAK to make up for the perceived loss in torque.

One of the best parts of the mod was that the 32/65 combo has corrected my speedometer to exactly right!! I tested it at 70mph vs my wife in the car, as well as gps-speedometer app on the Droid. Close enough for me!!

So, it looks like I'll have a 31T front and a 33T front to offer in the classifieds.

Thanks everybody here for the help.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
what did you buy for a belt and what model harley was the pulley for? Also, is the front pulley a 32T from stock? Kudos to you on your mod, I've been wanting to do this mod for years now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just added the 65t rear pulley mod to my warrior. I love it. Did not decrease low end take off speed at all, infact it increased it. I dont know what mods were done to the bike before I got it. I did the block off kit and put k&n stock air filter replacement and replaced my tires and thats it as far as performance mods. I found a fuel injection mod under my seat which makes my fuel injection adjustable just like a carb. I put the gates 128t belt onit. I Found it for the best price at summit racing products. With this belt I had to adjust it out as far as possible to make it work. Will be better fit when I put the 33t front pully on to the bike as soon as it becomes available again. Just a friendly post about my experience with this mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts