RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today it hit 50 degrees in the twin cities. I had to get the bike out and test out the street sweepers and power commander. I had ambition to do this despite the fact that I woke up with a cold this morning. The bike ran beautifuly. It's really loud, but it did not pop or backfire even once. Because I'm sick I didn't ride for very long. Probably 30-40 minutes total. But it felt good.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I never stopped riding this year. We did not have a winter what so ever this year. It was 92 degrees a few weeks ago in SE New Mexico.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Good on ya! Sorry about the cold though. It's a good feeling when your pipes sound nice. I wish i could get rid of my backfire problem...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I also took advantage of the warm weather in the Twin Cities. Put on about 100 miles. The new clutch conversion, lowering links and Prop Pipe make the bike new again...I am looking forward to a great season...

·
Registered
861 Posts
I fired mine up today for the first time since october! Went about 1 mile and realized that there was way to much crap on the roads to actually go for any kind of long ride. New pipes, bars and grips go on tomorrow-cant wait to hear the jug huggers. PCIII later this week.....hopefully! Summer should be fun

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
kinda funny watchin' you northen boys come out of your hibernation, been riding all year long despite the fact we've had one of the coldest winters in recent memeory. gotta give you guys credit though for enduring the cold the way you do

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I feel the urge also but we just had a lot of salt dumped on the roads less than 1 week ago & still too much sand for me to ride,

Be careful out there guys the cages are not looking for you yet & clean the salt off your bikes as soon as you can or you will be pissed at yourself when you see what it does to a nice looking bike.

Mike

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have not had the Warrior out yet(still waiting on a few parts) but have been out on the Busa. Road las weekend and today.Man it is great to be riding .

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Took mine out today for a spin around town...just had to try out the new bars, risers, & shift linkage. I must say that I'm very impressed w/ the flat bar, tall riser set-up...it's very comfortable, & it gives the Warrior a bit more agressive look. Won't be to much longer guys...warmer days are close ahead.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Way to go. Still finishing up the winter mods. Hopefully, wiring the bars for the 3rd time will cure me of it forever.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm coming out of hibernation starting Sunday & will ride through Tuesday.Wednesday it's supposed to rain but these weather people are always getting it wrong.Last Thursday through Sunday it was good riding days even though the weather people said rain.I usually don't ride unless it's 59 or warmer but 55 is my minimum that I can ride in comfort.Usually April is my month to start but if I get 2 days or more in March that are 59 or more I'll start that month.

·
Registered
305 Posts
It warmed up into the low 50's here in Idaho today too....lots of people out on their bikes today. I really wanted to ride, but I'm waiting on a grease seal to arrive from Yamaha for the rear wheel. The original was damaged when removing it from the stock wheel to be put into my new chrome wheels. I'll be up and running by next weekend (I hope)

·
Registered
727 Posts
1fast1 said:
I feel the urge also but we just had a lot of salt dumped on the roads less than 1 week ago & still too much sand for me to ride,

Be careful out there guys the cages are not looking for you yet & clean the salt off your bikes as soon as you can or you will be pissed at yourself when you see what it does to a nice looking bike.

Mike

+1

·
Registered
800 Posts
I also got out for a short ride. Roads byme didn't seem to bad and only a few puddles. Gave her a bath when we got back to knock off that winter dust.

Mike, after yesterday and today, the cages will be looking for them. I must have heard 50or more very loud bikes go down 241. One sounded like you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts