RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help on the earlier thread. I am now the proud owner of a Red 02! What an awesome ride!!! I ended up getting the upgraded 02 for 11,200. That included the new pipe, corbin seat, drag bars and pcIII installed. I paid a little more than I should have, but all my upgrades are installed.

Has anyone found a good saddle bag system for the RW? Since I have the new pipe, I should be able to get one that won't get as hot as before. It is much lower than the stock pipe.

Thanks,

TDog

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Congrats TDog, After I got the Titanium one I heard that the red was the fastest color so I changed it to red & now its faster.

Can't help with bags, I have just enough cargo capacity for extra smokes & glasses.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I have TI, but I think Yamha BLue is going to be the fastest!!!

congrates, you own the badest bike in town now!!

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Congrats, I love that red also, looks great with chrome, that is if you are a chrome juncky like me !!!

Redhorse, I guess you are sticking to this signature !!!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
TDog, Welcome to the family. If you're looking for even more speed, Yamaha offers many chrome billet accessories and aftermarket doodads to make your stocker red bike even faster....lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome TDog!!!

I am getting saddle bags for mine and it has been lowered also. There are a lot out there. I am going with a nylon with permanent side liners to retain the shape. I forgot the name, but picked them up for $100. You'll need the saddle bag guards though. I got mine through Flanders, part #403-14038 Yamaha Road Star Warrior Saddlebag Guards for $63.48. You can get them throughhttp://www.sideroadcycles.com/

Happy Riiding!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Welcome and congrats Tdog. Check out the Easy Brackets or Ghost Bracket systems. These aren't saddlebags, but a removable bracket to attach to any bag. Makes, restoring the natural lines of the bike a breeze.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A question to the first riders here, would the warrior which is mentioned as a 50/50 cruiser/ sportsbike be comfortable enough to ride cross country say from here (southern california) to Florida? I like the look of the warrior, but will I suffer posture wise in the long haul? Has anyone taken your bike farther than a few hundred miles? Any Cons or Pros or advice?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
quote:Originally posted by zzkenoman

A question to the first riders here, would the warrior which is mentioned as a 50/50 cruiser/ sportsbike be comfortable enough to ride cross country say from here (southern california) to Florida? I like the look of the warrior, but will I suffer posture wise in the long haul? Has anyone taken your bike farther than a few hundred miles? Any Cons or Pros or advice?

Dice comes to mind. He visted us in San Diego from Washington state just a few weeks ago.

I also think someone from Cali went to Daytona a couple of months ago. He may have trailered it for most of the way IIRC.

The longest ride for me so far has only been about 400 miles. That was through miles and miles of twisties and triple digit speeds through the desert.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The warrior has not been design for long trips, i dont mean it in regards with the engine. The posture riding a warrior is not a good one for long trips as California - Florida. Your spine is curve and the wide of the seat would make it unconfort. The good thing is that you wont fall as sleep in this position. I will say that 200 - 300 miles a day will be ok. Now the warrior has several sport capabilities that makes the diference at the moment to ride it. There is no way you can control the need of speed so maybe you may go up to 400 miles a day in the same time. I specialy enjoy this byke on not highway roads, more curves better it goes, the way it turns is unique and the angle capability is so high that you can almost lick the road. I exchange the stock pipe so this angle is even better. Dont low your byke that will sacrisfied how far you can angle the byke for turns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts