RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my accident, I missed the first two race weekends. Glad to be able to get back out there! Second season racing, second time I got second place. Very happy with that. And this season, cash instead of trophies. :D

https://youtu.be/Ro9FholEMDU

BTW, I'm replacing my Contour Roam that I've used for years. The camera system used in this video is a newly installed Innovv K1 dual channel "dash cam". Dual channel meaning that there are two cameras, one facing front, one to the rear. Just like a car dash cam, it records as soon as I turn the bike on and when the SD card gets full, it starts overwriting old files. A "install it and forget it" system. No more having to recharge the battery every other day. No more deleting files to make room on the SD card. I'm working on putting together a video of the install and review.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
what were your times that day?
First Time Trial
Reaction time = 0.3711
60 ft. ====== 1.9877
ET ======== 13.2563 @ 99.62 MPH

Second Time Trial
Reaction time = 0.2205
60 ft. ====== 1.9189
ET ======== 13.2270 @ 98.94 MPH
Quarter Final
Reaction time = -.0934
60 ft. ====== 2.0062
ET ======== 13.4251 @ 97.34 MPH
Yes, I red lighted but opponent's bike broke on one of his earlier passes, so this was a buy for me.
Semi Final
Reaction time = 0.2164
60 ft. ====== 1.9290
ET ======== 13.1694 @ 100.00 MPH
Opponent red lighted. Lucky me because I broke out by .0106
Final
Reaction time = 0.0666 (my best so far)
60 ft. ====== 1.9660
ET ======== 13.2489 @ 94.24 MPH
Performance mods:
Ivan's ECU flash
Power Commander V using Ivan's map provided with flash

Churchkey's VBAK
V&H Big Shots
31 Tooth Pulley
Barnet Spring Conversion kit
I have not yet played with the tire air pressure, so I'm running at normal street pressure on an Avon Storm 3D X-M.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw the video of the bike coming from under you because of the muddy road at night. How were you able to finally get the bike to start?
It took me a second to figure out what you were talking about. Then it was, "Oh, he means "The Bike Drop" video". The Warrior has a built in safety feature where if you drop the bike, like I did, you can't start it until you shut the system off. I didn't know it at the time, but when I came out the next morning at the end of the shift, it started right up no problem.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, last weekend July 31, 2016, I lost a race because I went too fast! I had dialed in a 13.02 in the pits, and then my class (Pro Bike) was called up. While in the staging lanes I thought about it for a second and changed my time to 13.01. Then I had a second thought and changed it back to 13.02. Should have left it! I went 4.5 milliseconds too fast!
https://youtu.be/yPuz5acYMP0

·
Registered
36 Posts
best way to lose is by breaking out.

Have any pictures of the cameras mounted? It would be cool to have something like that if they aren't too big and get in the way

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
best way to lose is by breaking out.

Have any pictures of the cameras mounted? It would be cool to have something like that if they aren't too big and get in the way
Sorry, I totally forgot about this and never posted anything. Here it is now.
Innovv front.jpg Innovv tail.jpg
I have a video that I've put together but haven't posted yet. At this point in time I can no longer recommend this product as I seem to be having trouble in getting it to operate on a regular basis. When it is working it takes some very good videos, however.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been neglecting coming here for a while now and it's time I rectify that. Here's some drag racing from the 2016 season of me on my 05 Midnight against my friend from Fargo, ND Kerri Lee on her 07. She's pretty bad assed - and she whooped mine! Both times. :-(

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Oh man you got beat by a girl.

But for real on the first race she holeshot you and just kept pullin'. Great race tho.

What mods does she have?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
What mods does her bike have? Seems very quick...
Oh man you got beat by a girl.

But for real on the first race she holeshot you and just kept pullin'. Great race tho.

What mods does she have?
My mods are listed above.

Here's what I know about hers.
Cobra pipes
Power Commander
Power Commander quick shifter
2007 with approx 8400 miles
Kerri Lynn.jpg

She runs in the mid 12s pretty consistently, I'm in the high 12s on a good day, but usually run about 13.10 or so.

Yeah, she's definitely better than me on the reaction time. But I'm working on it. BTW, her bike is for sale if anyone's interested. She's getting married so she needs the money. No wait, that's not it. She's still getting married but wants to go faster, so she bought Triumph Triple.
Triumph Triple.jpg

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Reaction time or not, she still has 5 mph on you on the big end. She could give you the jump and still come around you. Any motor work on her bike?
I'm trying to help her sell the bike so when I asked about mods, she never mentioned any motor work. That 5 MPH advantage might have something to do with my 225 lbs fat ass. :) But seriously, she's a better racer.

BTW, I tied for forth place with two other guys this season. Twice this season when there were two days of points racing, I only went to one day because the wife wanted some face time. So I could have had forth to myself if I was more selfish. Props to my wife because when my sister was visiting from New Mexico, she let me take my sister to the races - on our 40th wedding anniversary!!!
Points standing 2017.jpg

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Partsguy is right. You might want to compare shift points, tire pressures and other factors as 5 mph is a big gap.
I'm sure her quick shifter helps as well as less weight. Also, she doesn't have Ivan's ECU flash and I do. Since Ivan's flash increased red-line to 5850 rather than the stock 5000 RPM, I'm not sure comparing shift points will help.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts