RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
how tall are you? 225lbs is a lot of weight for a racer unless your tall. you`re probably right that its the weight making such a difference. I would also ask about her tire pressure AND if she's selling the bike try and buy her quick shifter. ive never dragged my 08 warior but it looks awesome! side note. ive seen several pics of your sled and its cool.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
how tall are you? 225lbs is a lot of weight for a racer unless your tall. you`re probably right that its the weight making such a difference.
Straight up, I'm a fat old man. I just turned 61 and I'm 5' 7", so yeah, 225 is too fat. I've decided to get serious and try to lose some weight this winter. We'll see how it goes.

Oh, and another straight up truth. Kerri is a better racer, there's no denying that and she deserves props for it.

I would also ask about her tire pressure AND if she's selling the bike try and buy her quick shifter.
I've been kicking around the idea of a quick shifter. I'd love a Pingle push button but at over $1000 for the Warrior, I think I'll pass. The Power Commander Quick Shifter like Kerri has is about $200, more to my budget and should be an easy install with my PCV. I'm seriously considering buying it this winter. With the PC shifter you still have to foot shift but not use the clutch or let off the throttle. I doubt Kerri will want to sell her bike w/o the shifter.

Tire pressure is something I can experiment with. I've seen a few posts here on the forum where people give suggestions on what they use.

ive never dragged my 08 warior but it looks awesome!
Drag racing is a blast! But I try to not take it too serious, though. My wife said I was getting too upset with myself in my second season and she was right. Third season now. I'm doing this purely for the fun of it and if I get an occasional win, so much the better.

You should really consider trying it. I've been watching drag racing ever since my brother, brother-in-law and a friend of theirs raced at Bandimere back in the early 70s (all three of them had 71 Duster 340s). I've always wanted to race but lack of money and life got in the way. Now with the children grown and us being more financially secure, I started three seasons ago. I also had to convince my wife that drag racing is probably one of the most safest forms of racing. She still is concerned for me but has learned that it's not near as dangerous as she imagines. And it's not like I have a 6 second bike.

On a side note, I've told my wife that since I've started racing, I'm far less likely to speed on the street. Sometimes I feel like, "Yeah, let's do this! Go fast!". But then almost as quickly I'll tell myself, "Meh, save it for the track." So that's a plus. That's not to say that I don't occasionally let it rip, just not near as often.

side note. ive seen several pics of your sled and its cool.
Thanks! I really like it and don't expect to ever sell it. I've got a friend that has the exact same bike but rather than the 83,000+ miles like mine has, his has only 5,500!!! :eek: He's seriously thinking about selling it (says he's more of a sport bike guy) and I told him I'd love to have it. But he just can seem to come up with a price just yet. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait until spring. Then I'll start pressuring him about it.

Awesome to think that I could have TWO Midnight Warriors - one for street/strip and the other for street only. In the picture below, mine's on the left, his on the right.
Three Midnight Warriors (9).jpg

21 - 23 of 23 Posts