RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone this week I will change the fork seal on my 2003 yamaha warrior I bought the fork oil seal and dust seal. But I am not sure if I need to buy anything else.
Also I need any advice you guys can give me.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I did mine a couple of years ago. Check the Popular Mods and Knowledgebase thread (in my signature below) for some detailed instructions. I made a tool out of PVC tubing to install the seals. This tip is mentioned in a thread here and worked really slick!

Someone makes a card that you can slip up into the seal to clean out any gunk that might be making yours leak. I forget the name of it at the moment though. I remember seeing some videos on youtube of them using it.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/21-how-tos-general-maintenance-tips/133571-how-install-new-fork-seals.html

·
Registered
310 Posts
The service manual is good to have on hand for specks and exploded view. You will also need:

-Spring compressor (I made mine)
-Fork seal setter (I bought mine, but the PVC one is a neat idea)
-Oil level measure thingie (you can just do this by volume too)
-Dampening rod holder thingie (small needle nose vice grips work well)

It is not straightforward, but if you're mechanically inclined, it's not too hard either. Check for other damage while you're doing it. There are other O-rings that can wear, etc. The forks seals are directional, so be sure not to put them in upside down. Good luck!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks dunecraz and big daddy I will try the pvc, because I don't thing I going to have do it often enough to have a tool for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I've been looking on here for a while and trying to find the measurement level (not capacity) of the fork oil from the top of the colapsed outer tube to the oil. It seems no one has ever posted it! It's on page 4-65 of the service manual. 100mm from the top of the outer tube. Also if you take them both apart you can use the top end of one outer tube to drive the oil seal in on the other! Use a block of wood and a hammer on top though so you dont mess up the tube ends!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi, everyone this week I will change the fork seal on my 2003 yamaha warrior I bought the fork oil seal and dust seal. But I am not sure if I need to buy anything else.
Also I need any advice you guys can give me.
Thank you
hi.,Ihave to do t5his also....Ill follow this thread..k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts