RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy warrior wizards

I was starting my left side clean up and doing the ole FPR relocation so I had my tank off and realized I apparently have a barons BAK. It has the coils in the bracket/plate. My pickle is want to put VBAK on her and it doesn’t look like I’ll fit one. So I need to know where the coils are supposed to be and what sort of brackets I’ll need.

TIA

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,638 Posts
Have a look at the relocation plate files here, see if your's is represented. If not, post pictures of your's and someone will let you know if they have the same plate with a VBAK.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks AZ Dub, I guess I should of stated that I do not want a plate. I prefer to have easier access to the top end. That barrons BAK sure has a lot of nuts and bolts lol. I need to know where the coils are originally and how I can go about getting them back to the stock location. Not sure if I mentioned it but she’s an 08. I prefer the CHURCH VBAK with the small plate of sensors right behind the steering head/tube.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
3,085 Posts
Here's where the coils are when stock. There's a bracket (maybe two) involved with locating them here. Everyone relocates them under the tank to clean up the exterior of the bike. There is a plate out there generally called the Akitadog plate that works well with Churchkey's VBAK. I'd recommend going that route over getting them back under the neck.

Vehicle Automotive tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh I get what your saying I appreciate it thanks since I’m gonna be in there again can kindly tell me what size pod filter? because the ones on there look suspicious

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
3,085 Posts
Ahhh I get what your saying I appreciate it thanks since I’m gonna be in there again can kindly tell me what size pod filter? because the ones on there look suspicious
Pics?

Also, if you're going to do the Churchkey VBAK, then you'll get the filters you need.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is true. By suspicious I meant it looks like
They might of been wrong side. Rear pod was barely on. Thanks for the picture of the right side. It would be awesome if you have one of the left. It appears the left side has clutch cable guide. I’ve found everything I need from partzilla parts fiches but I just can’t figure that side out.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I had a barons bak on mine when I bought it and swapped it for a vbak. Truth be told if I had to do it again I wouldn't. There is honestly not enough of a performance difference if any to justify the cost. I did sell the old bak and recouped some of the money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does anyone know where to get just the plate ?
Or a template, besides that drawing, I thought I saw it 2 years ago, something to the fact that when you print it out the scale is a little off.
Anyway, if there is a way just to get the plate that would be great :)
Thank you

·
Registered
03 warrior, 02 warrior, and counting ;)
41 Posts
I have a plate you can have if you want it DEC. I think it's the one that comes with the barons bak. Send me a pm if you're interested so we don't hijack turd's thread.

I found a stock bracket on ebay to relocate my coils back to the stock location. I modified it to bring the coils in closer together as I didn't like how much they stuck out. Wanted to eventually mount them on the left side but I like the way they turned out. Here's a right and left side pic if it helps at all.
Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle
Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,638 Posts
I moved my DC2-1's back onto the oem bracket, boots facing in. Been there for many years. Zero maintenance.

I used stainless allen button head fasteners to clear the electrical terminals.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
FYI some people have mounted the coils on a plate on the left side as part of a left side cleanup.

Reactions: arizonawarrior

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
3,085 Posts
And given your right side cover, the left side coil mount would match nicely!

Anyone remember the member that has one of those? Have a pic to share?

Found a pic online, just not mounted:
Sleeve Bat Monochrome photography Font Fashion accessory
Automotive lighting Font Personal protective equipment Auto part Jewellery

Gothic Spoke Coil Bracket

This goes in place of the left side scoop and AIS system. So long as those are removed, you should be able to mount this with the most minor of modifications. The second pic includes a place to relocate the ignition key. That's not a super straight forward mod, but a few guys have done it.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
3,085 Posts
Here's a write up on it. Pics are missing due to the age of the post.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts