RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike back from the shop from having the trany recall done. I noticed a noise from the top of the cylinder heads(seems like rear cylinder), almost like maybe the valves. As I was listening and trying to get a better idea of exactly where it was coming from, I noticed that on the left side of the rear cylinder head, there was a fitting coming out of the cylinder head cover, and it was blowing air. I only owned this bike for 2months before taking into shop in October, so it might have been like this before, I don't know?

I am wondering what this fittingis, if something needs/should be hooked up to it, and if this might be causing more top end noise? I never noticed any "valve" or top end noise before repairs?

Oh also, the bike does have different air intake system. There are 2 aircleaners, cone type, 1 facing forward and 1 back, up under the gas tank. It has a power commander too. Any other mods I do not know. It was a trade in at shop, so I don't know what last owner did to it. I do know he took to drag strip a few times????

Thanks for any insight you can lend me.

Ed

·
Registered
719 Posts
There are two breathers on the rear head cover. The one on the left goes to the oil tank breather. Right side towards the top of the tank, and facing forward. The other head cover breather goes to the factory air box. Yours has been removed, So it should just go to out side air. The second breather is more to the right and center on the head cover, and faces rearward. So your left breather "fitting", conects to the oil tank...Hope this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went down and looked, and I found the hose coming from oil tank. They must have never hooked it back up. I managed to get it back on there with long pair of needle nose and flat screw driver. I could have used another hand to hold the flashlight, but my daughter couldn't be bothered, too busy on computer! lol

It doesn't make you feel to confident with things when the shop just redone your trany, and they can't even remember to reconnect a hose! Gotta love it.

Thanks for the help,

Ed

·
Registered
228 Posts
woody3 said:
I just went down and looked, and I found the hose coming from oil tank. They must have never hooked it back up. I managed to get it back on there with long pair of needle nose and flat screw driver. I could have used another hand to hold the flashlight, but my daughter couldn't be bothered, too busy on computer! lol

It doesn't make you feel to confident with things when the shop just redone your trany, and they can't even remember to reconnect a hose! Gotta love it.

Thanks for the help,

Ed

Good to hear you have it fixed Ed. Are you planning on attending our Warrior Rumble this year?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am planning on attending. I have friend with Warrior and him and his wife are going to go too. I think we are going to rent camper or cabin at campsite. That way we can raise **** with you guys, and then retire to nice comfortable bed when too drunk to function! lol.

Sounds like it should be good time.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts