RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice, and my lack of mechanical ability is going to show through here... I'm sending my ECU to Ivan to get flashed. He said that the V&H Fuel Pak I have is garbage and will not work with the flash (and can actually damage my my engine if I run it after the flash) and that I shouldn't use it. He said not to waste my money on replacing it with anything else and the flashed ECU will improve performance enough. My question is... what do I do with the Fuel Pak? Can I just take unplug it and not do anything else? Will the bike run without anything hooked up in it's place?
Thanks for your input.
Signed: Mechanically Challenged.

·
Administrator
29,665 Posts
The installation guide for the v&h fuelpack for the Road Star Warrior is stored in the Documentation forum in the Fuel Managers section. Use it to verify steps to uninstall.

This is a jump directly to it:

The Table of Contents for the Documentation forum helps you navigate. Check it out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The installation guide for the v&h fuelpack for the Road Star Warrior is stored in the Documentation forum in the Fuel Managers section. Use it to verify steps to uninstall.

This is a jump directly to it:

The Table of Contents for the Documentation forum helps you navigate. Check it out.
Thanks arizonawarrior. That gives me instructions and diagrams to follow. My main concern is that there might have been a stock part that was replaced with the Fuel Pak. If that needs to go back in to replace the fuel pak when it's removed I'm in trouble because I got no extra parts with the bike. I will look through the instructions. Lack of experience on this forum makes it time consuming to find things. Thanks for providing the link.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
The fuel pak was a simple plug and play as there is nothing that is removed but rather the fuel pak is just installed inline.
So get your ECU flashed and get rid of the fuel pak and see how she rides. Ivan says his tune is enough for the common bolt ons and Sandy rode like that for a bit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fuel pak was a simple plug and play as there is nothing that is removed but rather the fuel pak is just installed inline.
So get your ECU flashed and get rid of the fuel pak and see how she rides. Ivan says his tune is enough for the common bolt ons and Sandy rode like that for a bit.
That is great advice. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok. Fuel pak removed and the newly flashed ECU re-installed. It was much easier than anticipated so thanks for all your advice. The bike started easier than it has since bought it so that seems good. The throttle response seems immediate and smooth all the way up to 5000rpm and it sounds awesome. Ivan said the new redline would be 5850 in all gears, but I didn't want to push it in my garage. Now, as soon as the 2 feet of snow we have here disappears I'm eager to get this old girl out for a rip!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts