RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have reviewed several post from the past. I am sorry if this is a repeat. I am having a problem with my brake light flashing only on at Interstate speeds. If I am riding on two lane roads at 55-60mph it does not do it. I have let the adjustment screw out and I have ran it all the way back in and at each way it still causes the light to flash. I am planning on going on a ride tomorrow and I am planning on just unhooking the switch at the handle and see if that remedies the problem. If it does not does anyone have any ideas on how to tighten the handle to where there is less play?

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
The adjustment screw at the brake lever isn't the solution. There is a small compression spring that holds the brake lever retracted.

+2 for antitech1 reply regarding the rear brake pedal switch adjustment

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not the foot brake I have unhooked the front brake switch and did not have a problem. Is there a stronger spring available for the handle?

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
mentford said:
It is not the foot brake I have unhooked the front brake switch and did not have a problem. Is there a stronger spring available for the handle?
Since you are absolutely sure the problem is at the frt switch i suggest you review the following points.

I adjust the frt brake lever differently for less free play by leaving approx 0.015"- 0.032" (1/64"-1/32") clearance between the Master Cylinder (MC) piston and the adjust screw.

You must have some clearance here else the frtt brakes will lock up when the fluid attempts to expand! The MCpiston must not be depressed when the lever is retracted

When the lever adjust screw has clearance between the piston the flat spoon of the brake lever should fully depress the frt stop light switch plunger without any problem what so ever. If it doesn't something is missing or frozen/binding IMO. The factory compression spring is more than adequate for the purpose at hand.

Here's an old post of how the FactoryOwners Manual suggests adjusting the frt brake lever:

Front brakes not comming back:http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/23164/348417.aspx#348417

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had the same problem and just tightened the adjustment screw and everything was fine. I know you said that wasn't it but thats what I thought too. Did you lose the spring? Can you get a longer screw?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts