RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a photo of the flip and grind I did a couple days after I got the bike. I am concerned that I may have taken too much metal. What do you all think. In case you didn't know because I just figured it out you can click the photo and it will take you to my gallery where you can see a larger pic.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arizona Warrior said:
I prefer lowering links but this seems to work fine and it's cool

Thanks.

I thought about lowering links but they advertised 1-2 inches and I wanted a little more. This dropped it about 2.5 inches and I would like to go about another half an inch but it will work for now. If I can find a kit to lower it 3 inches I would look into getting a stock dogbone and lower it the right way.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I for one am againest the flip and grind. There have been a few documented incidents of broken FnG and close calls. If you think you have shaved too much material then I would order and new elbow. It only takes one time. Why take the chance?

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
Edited:

I just had another look at the FNG video (see popular mods, suspension, rear) and I notice maybe more material was left on the link. At least I noticed I could see the X in the part#. That doesn't mean the part# is always exactly in the same spot for every model year, but figured I'd mention it in case helpful.

This pic looks about like the pics in the successful posts so I think it looks like there's plenty of material left
far as I can see.

How are you Ed. As you know I'm not a FNG fan either, but I haven't heard of any actually failing. The one's you heard about, was it determined to be because too much was shaved off? How much was shaved off? And by any chance did the ones that failed also have a heavvier spring, or a stock spring?

DarkStar said:
I for one am againest the flip and grind. There have been a few documented incidents of broken FnG and close calls. If you think you have shaved too much material then I would order and new elbow. It only takes one time. Why take the chance?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arizona Warrior, maybe this is another topic we could post to find out if there's anyone out there had a FnG that failed. And if so like you siad how much was shaved off, what were the road conditions, spring type, rider weight, how long did it last before it failed?

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
Opinions Wanted: FnG too much removed or okay to go?

Why not turn this topic into that if you want.

BTW see my correction in my post above. It took a few minutes to look at the video again sorry for the delay.

semperfit said:
Arizona Warrior, maybe this is another topic we could post to find out if there's anyone out there had a FnG that failed. And if so like you siad how much was shaved off, what were the road conditions, spring type, rider weight, how long did it last before it failed?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Re: Opinions Wanted: FnG too much removed or okay to go?

I'm also not a fan of the "flip-n-grind". That part was engineered with that much stock in critical areas for a reason. I believe I'd order another stock part and then get the adjustable lowering links from "ram396". That way you can set them at any height you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts