RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just checked the mileage on the lridium spark plugs I installed a week ago. I have a power commander pc-111 , big shots
barons BAK and I found I get about 4-5 more miles per gallon and better performance with these plugs. I put on 110.60 miles and took only 2.5 gallons I never got better than 37mpg. I do play with the the throttle to 110 plus did( I say that). the plugs are great try them.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
thanks denis, after reading the origanal thread i went and ordered some NGK Iridium spark plugs, should have them next week. What did you gap them at? and what's their color looking like? The extra milage is a bonus, the extra power snap is what i'm looking forward to.

·
Registered
361 Posts
wow did NGK make a good sparkplug I don't beileve it sounds interesting I might have to just check into it I know in trucks and at the race track I've always thought of NGK as no good krap but if they have made a good plug it would be interesting to try out

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
quote:Originally posted by roughneck

wow did NGK make a good sparkplug I don't beileve it ...

I have been running NKG plugs forever,in everything I own. I have tried others but never been satisfied. Take a look at the Land Cruiser forum (mailing list actually). You'll find 1500+ members who swear by NGK. Prove to me there's a better plug and I'll buy it. Until then, I'll stick with what I know works and works well!! Not tryin to dump on you Roughneck. I just feel pretty strongly about the NGKs.

·
Registered
361 Posts
yeah oldman no problem just good to here others opinions all I know is most of the mechanics and pit crew guys I've known have had nothing but bad to say about them and the only one's i've had experience with went bad really quick but they were the bottom line version. this is actually the first time I've heard good things about them so I might just look at them if y'all can tell me which of there product lines are good. thanks

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the plugs come already gapped don't touch them you will see how tiny the center eletrode is you will understand.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Will my nads glow in the dark and keep time with my iridescent plug wires also[:0] Remember the glow in the dark watch hands and hour indicator found in (analog) wristwatches from the late 60s?
I just sent the following message to motorsportsbest.com.
"Iridium is a known radioactive carcinogen. What is the percent concentration of Iridium in the conductor, the mass of the conductor and which isotope are you folks using? What is the proper disposal method for these plugs?
Thanks for your assistance in answering my questions."
Hey; at least the risks, if any, will be known! I'll wear my Nomex coveralls for the follow ups[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
I will try to find a contact at NGK and Denso to deliever the same questions to.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
quote:Originally posted by roughneck

... I might just look at them if y'all can tell me which of there product lines are good.

Just go with the one listed in the manual. It calls for an NGK or a Denso.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
thanks denis, yeah the electrode is tiny, going to go install them now. just waiting for the engine to cool down.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
just got done with my first ride with the ngk iridium plugs, and gosh darn, they do make a difference. It took it out the dairy run, lots of twisties, and short straight aways, with the stock plugs i typicaly got up to 110mph before i had to brake for the corners, now i get up to 125mph before i have to hit the binders. Also seems to warm up faster and have stonger pickup when you shift. All in all I am pleasantly surprised with just a plug change. Is worth the $40 that they cost me. I haven't had such a bigger grin since i installed wilskie's custom map for my settup. Also was glad i have a BAK, made changing the plugs out a breeze. will let ya know if i get better gas mileage. btw, i bought the NGK DPR7EIX-9 stock# 7803

·
Registered
213 Posts
My plugs just came in tonight and I have yet to put them in. I figure I have a couple of days since it's been so rainy here lately.

I actually found the plugs for 6.95 each on line.

http://www.kybshocks.com/ngk/agora.cgi?cart_id=2227603.21778*i13XO8&p_id=7803&xm=on&ppinc=search2

I look foward to seeing if there is a change!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
after reading about the advantages of iridium plugs they are definetly at the top of my list. they are good for cold starts, burn carbon as it developes & last 100,000mi or better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts