RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to this site and just bought an 02 rsw. I love it.. I've ridin sport bikes for ten years and had an old yamaha 1150 or 1100 cruiser (82). My question is this- at 6'1 I just cant keep my legs comfortable. My inner thighs ache and knees try to swing out after 75mph. I'm thinkng if i move the pegs forward i will be more cmfortable. I see all the $700 kits and that is to much for a devoreced father of three. I guess i need to look for kits that just move the OEM pegs and controls, any ideas? thanks. Also, has anyone set up highway pegs on the front? i dont even know if that is possible or practical. Thanks. Ride on!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome to the 4m. There are a couple of manufacturer's who make just the peg extension's. Here's a link to Baron's. Only $80 and from what I've heard it does the trick. A lot of guys use these instead of the full forward controls.

http://baronscustom.com/html/catalog/info/yamaha/warrior/AF/1/7362AA12-B66E-8837-CB3D-11D23647E65E

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats on the warrior. The foot control extentions from Barons did the trick for me. I also have the mini rider foot boards from Yami so my feet can set in different postions. I have considered highway pegs but with my current set up they would only set 1" above the shifter/brake petals. You will find alot of knowledge here and alot of "newbe" topics have been covered so searching will give you hours of reading. So enjoy the new Beastie[8D] and welcome to the 4M.

·
Registered
761 Posts
You found it, the best and most info available. My dealer hates when I tell him all of this stuff he doesn't know!! Welcome.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Welcome to the 4um, I am 6'2 and was thinking my legs ached from gripping the scoops with my knees, after 15 year of MotoX - if your not holding the bike with your knees, your not riding

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Another thing you might want to think about is getting some sort of BAK so that you can get rid of the side stock air box. That way, you wouldn't have to reach around the air box anymore... I think it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I bought the barons 1 1/2" kit but still felt cramped up a bit, then just recently put on the lightning 3" kit and it makes a **** of alot of a difference. I'm 6'2"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts